• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

It’s 26 degrees as of 2:12 pm today under full sunshine. That is damn impressive for March considering my average high is 54.6 degrees on this date. I got down to 19 this morning and supposed to go even lower tonight. I didn’t get any accumulating snow but I did have constant flurries from around 4pm yesterday until sometime in the wee hours of this morning.

That's what's giving the opportunity for a wintry treat for some in the SE, being on the bottom of an historic early March cold airmass. Folks, Chicago at 4 PM CST is only at 12F with sunny skies and no snowcover!!! That's some 17 F colder than the normal for mid Jan!! The low was -3. In late Feb/Mar 1960, the coldest low was 2 and the coldest high was 18. In late Feb/March 1980, the coldest low/high was -1/17. So, it is actually slightly colder than those two years there.

On another note, any Weeklies guesses? I almost forgot again!

I’m going to Myrtle in April. I need recommendations. Water prob to cold. Give me a to do list.

buffets give me the runs.i thought about going to ----’s never been

Wow it would have been perfect if Dallas would have gotten a snowstorm with those cold sub temps

Of course but our snowless streak lived on as usual

4 years ago tonight was a raging snowstorm and its barely snowed since

Was some mixed precip to our south again though :rolleyes:

I am so looking forward to the 70s at the end of the week and hopefully some thunderstorms

If only that SLP was further north closer to due west of Tampa. Summary of our Winter: coulda, woulda, shoulda.
pmsl.gif

Guys I don't think this will be our last little winter event but some models hints at a return of cold and possible chances at winter wx.... period to watch around 17-20 of this month... @GaWx due you think that with the +pna showing up again around mid to possibly late month give the Southeastern us a chance at another last winter wx or cold hurray

The fact I'm even considering trying to wake up is making me go crazy. Let alone driving late at night.

If I were you, Snowflowxxl, I'd start driving. The heavier returns are tantalizing if it drops the temps but if something is going on, it's just north of Macon on the radars that I trust.

Guys I don't think this will be our last little winter event but some models hints at a return of cold and possible chances at winter wx.... period to watch around 17-20 of this month... @GaWx due you think that with the +pna showing up again around mid to possibly late month give the Southeastern us a chance at another last winter wx or cold hurray

Only if the models aren't teasing us for the umpteenth time and it is real. I've still seen no evidence of the end of the cold bias. But with the El Nino really strengthening, that may help the +PNA to actually return. We'll see.

Kinda ot but I used to have a jacked all to heck sleep schedule and it wasn't even due to this hobby really. It was mainly because of me being young and dumb. Would sleep from 2 AM to 10 AM and sometimes stay up until 3 if I wasn't doing anything the next day. I honestly regret it, I'd love to have a more normal schedule. The one I have now is closer (1 to 9 unless I'm doing stuff) but I'd like to get even closer.

I suppose when I finally get a job that'll happen tho. ;)

Back