• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I want everyone to get snow, I just hate when the simulated radar imagery starts floating around. It can be so deceiving!
No snow for us, delayed cold air equals cold showers while we watch people in GA and NC get their flizzard.

A few years ago, someone I knew from work had a stroke at 39. He lived for almost six years after that, but had lost the ability to walk and do anything for himself. He seemed to be in good health, too. I played basketball with him regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be the only time in my life that I can remember not seeing at least flurries in a Winter, no matter how bad the pattern was. I'm 32.

I haven't even seen sleet, although there were reports of it around the area this year.

If it's any consolation, I know someone on Long Island, they were initally forecast to get 4-6 inches of snow, then 5-8, then upto 9 inches. They ended up with 1-3 inches on the island and rain/slush last night/this morning. Sitting out there with that WAA sucks for them too, lol.

This will be the only time in my life that I can remember not seeing at least flurries in a Winter, no matter how bad the pattern was. I'm 32.

I haven't even seen sleet, although there were reports of it around the area this year.

If it's any consolation, I know someone on Long Island, they were initally forecast to get 4-6 inches of snow, then 5-8, then upto 9 inches. They ended up with 1-3 inches on the island and rain/slush last night/this morning.
Yeh people around the area said they saw snow mixed with the rain when that moisture came through in Early December after that winter storm. But I never saw it. So I haven't seen anything either this year. Not even sure if the airport has reported a trace this Winter.

Folks are really going to chase for a few flurries.

giphy.gif

Yeh people around the area said they saw snow mixed with the rain when that moisture came through in Early December after that winter storm. But I never saw it. So I haven't seen anything either this year. Not even sure if the airport has reported a trace this Winter.

They likely haven't. Local news would have been all over it.. lol
You know the weather and events are boring around here when the headline of every local news outlet is a few broken limbs and a couple half-put-together church porch posts fell over.

Folks are really going to chase for a few flurries.

giphy.gif

Brick,
I'm now 100% convinced you're the real Steve Carrell as 75% of your GIFS are of him (and are funny).
Meanwhile, to keep this from being all banter, Chicago is a mere 10 degrees at 1 PM CST. If only more of that record cold airmass can somehow work its way down into the midsouth.

They likely haven't. Local news would have been all over it.. lol
You know the weather and events are boring around here when the headline of every local news outlet is a few broken limbs and a couple half-put-together church porch posts fell over.
That did get real scary at one point though last night. Where I was located in Oak Grove, erratic wind movement from the circulation was wild. Looks like the circulation passed like a mile or two South of me.

Its to easy to fly somewhere they actually get snow on the reg then to worry about some non-event locally, IMO.

It’s 26 degrees as of 2:12 pm today under full sunshine. That is damn impressive for March considering my average high is 54.6 degrees on this date. I got down to 19 this morning and supposed to go even lower tonight. I didn’t get any accumulating snow but I did have constant flurries from around 4pm yesterday until sometime in the wee hours of this morning.

Back