• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Those were different times. Different climate. The earth was cooler back then.

Lol what? For crying out loud this happened in MAY... Do you realize how much warmer our temps are at that time of the year even against early-mid April? Holy crap... Even back in the good ol days, the mean temperatures at that time of the year are as warm as they are today in late April it's still virtually impossible even back then. Again, sun angle doesn't matter :)

Those were different times. Different climate. The earth was cooler back then.
And how does the angle of a heat source and a freak instance of thundersnow have anything to do with climate change? It's not like this happened more than maybe a few times if not that once.

Yeah! And because the climate is warmer now, the tornadoes will be worse than the tri city deal in 1925! you know, it will do more dmg and kill more people cause the earth is warmer now! lets forget the fact there are too many humans and buildings on this planet! ITS ALL THE WARMER EARTH! GAHHHHH THE WORLD IS ENDING IN 12 YEARS!

Yeah! And because the climate is warmer now, the tornadoes will be worse than the tri city deal in 1925! you know, it will do more dmg and kill more people cause the earth is warmer now! lets forget the fact there are too many humans and buildings on this planet! ITS ALL THE WARMER EARTH! GAHHHHH THE WORLD IS ENDING IN 12 YEARS!
;)o_O:eek: ...

really. imagine if the tri city tornado happened again, today, it would be way worse.. the storm could be the exact same intensity, shape, size, everything and some moron would say "SEE, TOLD YOU THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING, ITS THE END OF THE WORLD WE NEVER HAD STORMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! LETS INVEST 3000 INFINITY DOLLARS INTO GOING GREEN RIGHT NOW TO FURTHER MY POLITICAL AGENDAAAAA!"

Anyways, theres a climate change thread... just saying.

11 1/2

But Shawn, Come on ... everybody knows what's happening next week ... :confused:

RDU's average high temperature on May 2nd is 77F, with a low in the lower 50s, equivalent to our average highs in the dead of winter. Unless the earth has warmed like 15F since the beginning of the industrial revolution, that storm in May 1939 is absolutely nuts does not matter how long ago it happened. The COOP observer in Roxboro reported snow falling AND accumulating during HIGH NOON in early May.

Repeat after me:
Sun angle does not matter

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 7.24.00 PM.png

I dont know why anyone would say sun angle doesnt matter. Is sun angle everything ? No. But it certainly does matter in March in certain situations. Of course if its snowing hard enough or if its way below freezing it wont matter, but otherwise it could be a very significant factor.

I dont know why anyone would say sun angle doesnt matter. Is sun angle everything ? No. But it certainly does matter in March in certain situations. Of course if its snowing hard enough or if its way below freezing it wont matter, but otherwise it could be a very significant factor.
My name is dnizzle

if it can snow at noon in early May and stick, it both does not matter and is not a significant factor.

Reactions: Jon
Let's go to the moon. Can't have climate change if there is no climate.

So I'm going to NYC with my family this weekend, I'm leaving Friday night/Saturday morning so maybe I'll catch that storm that's supposed to hit there.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

RDU's average high temperature on May 2nd is 77F, with a low in the lower 50s, equivalent to our average highs in the dead of winter. Unless the earth has warmed like 15F since the beginning of the industrial revolution, that storm in May 1939 is absolutely nuts does not matter how long ago it happened. The COOP observer in Roxboro reported snow falling AND accumulating during HIGH NOON in early May.

Repeat after me:
Sun angle does not matter

View attachment 16852
Rates overcome all!

Back