• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

1 storm makes it an N.C. winter? It is largely sucked for us too... I wasn’t even in the country during the snow so I haven’t seen it snow yet, other than tiny flakes one day. 1 snow vs 0 isn’t much of a difference lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might as well have been in another country. Didn't see any snow that sunday and only some consolation prize flurries that Monday. I think some places in southeastern nc have seen 0 all yr

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's amazing what happens when the ground is above the 850 hPa level like it is on Mt Mitchell, all that snow falling above our heads actually reaches the ground before melting. It also snows semi-regularly in mid-late May on Mitchell too
My wife and I were hiking (I use that word loosely lol) the trails at Mt Mitchell in June a good number of years ago... on the way there, down in the valley it was 65, we had on shorts (we were smart enough to take jackets). When we got to the top of Mitchell it was in the upper 30's with a rn/sn mix. That was great!

My wife and I were hiking (I use that word loosely lol) the trails at Mt Mitchell in June a good number of years ago... on the way there, down in the valley it was 65, we had on shorts (we were smart enough to take jackets). When we got to the top of Mitchell it was in the upper 30's with a rn/sn mix. That was great!

Holy cow that's friggin insane! More snow than many of us have seen this year!

Holy cow that's friggin insane! More snow than many of us have seen this year!

I was very lucky with the December storm, we had 5" of snow here but unfortunately that's been it and all the rain melted it away that next day. Some good snow though, probably the biggest flakes I can ever remember seeing because of how wet the snow was and they were clumping together.

I might as well have been in another country. Didn't see any snow that sunday and only some consolation prize flurries that Monday. I think some places in southeastern nc have seen 0 all yr

Yes 0 this year!!!

Yeah southeast of Whiteville there hasn't been anything, but that's not at all unusual down that way

We are just not cold enough in SC. Doesn’t matter what the track is. I was really hoping this storm would just go away and we could move on to Spring. But I see everyone is going to get reeled back in. Mother Nature is so annoying.

You will join and we will alternate I'm sure. We will just be moving between different layers of Hell. Right now we are at like the 3000th layer, and ATL is approaching the 10th.
1,839 days since CAE has been under a Winter storm warning. Give or take a day. That’s hell.

I think FAY to CAE to MCN might actually be hell especially from may to august

We are just venting. No worries. All the farts from the 3000F Winter get trapped down there and they have to vent somewhere.

We are just not cold enough in SC. Doesn’t matter what the track is. I was really hoping this storm would just go away and we could move on to Spring. But I see everyone is going to get reeled back in. Mother Nature is so annoying.
All in890195ED-EA78-4BDD-B8F5-8585329946A9.png

Back