• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Shoot 5 years ago I didn’t even know weather models existed ? to this day I now realize I wish I still didn’t

weather was a lot simplier before then lmao

I started when I was really young too, I remember obsessing over it back into the mid 90s before the internet

Was that really 25 years ago?:eek:

I got started with weather watching the weather channel during the Hurricane seasons of like 2004 and 2005. I was obsessed, and there was always something in the Atlantic brewing.

Learned about weather models when I was 13. But after that for a while I mostly used meteostar. I tried to use the NOAA website for the GFS a couple times, or at least something similar but it was hard for me to so I just relied on others. Heck it took some getting used to for me to use mageval this year.

I got started with weather watching the weather channel during the Hurricane seasons of like 2004 and 2005. I was obsessed, and there was always something in the Atlantic brewing.

I started in 1994 or 1995, vividly remember Opal in Alabama

Also have some faint memories of the 93 blizzard in Alabama

Mom claims I was pointing at the TV during Andrew though lol

Much more important than wx is our health and here's some great news about a well-known wrestler's health that has been in the news for 4 months: I have to admit tearing up a bit on this. He's a former GA Tech football player by the way and his real name is Joe Anoa'i. This happened in ATL..any coincidence?

"WWE superstar Roman Reigns announces his cancer is in remission, returns to action on Raw"

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...cer-is-in-remission-returns-to-action-on-raw/

Now check this out from 4 months ago, when he shocked the world announcing that he had had leukemia 11 years earlier and that it had just returned:. Prior to this announcement..heck even in the first 2 or so minutes of this video,,,,, he had been about the most hated of the babyfaces ("good guys") with many booing him. You'll see a very obvious change as those boos disappear and the support for him suddenly goes through the roof right after the announcement..really an incredible metamorphosis right before our eyes:

This worries me extremely.

WWE have used some serious storylines before.. one of the largest examples being one between Matt Hardy, Edge, and Lita. The storyline was derived off what really happened with Lita cheating on Matt with Edge IRL. I think a lot of that storyline is the reason why Matt Hardy left the company many years ago before coming back..

I know the Rock is involved with Roman Reigns and people thought Roman was being pushed way too hard too soon. WWE tried everything they could to get him "over" as a face with the fans. Nothing worked at all.. but this sickness deal has really seemed to do the job. I hope they didn't do this to finally get him over.. but who knows..

The main question I have, is Roman hadn't lost any size to his arms etc.. I understand, he could still be working out etc.. and we dont have any core details.. but I'm not sure if I would expect him to keep his same defined tone as when he left just months later if he was sick and in treatment.

And for anyone that could read this in the future, I'm not trying to say it's fake and I hope it's not... just some questions.. you just don't know with the WWE.

Last edited:
Jeez y'all are scaring me with this "math ruined meteorology dream" stuff. I'm tryna major in meteorology and I'm struggling with geometry right now, guess I'ma have to step it up.

The models still have a long way to go with any other kind of weather but sunny and dry outside 7 days. Actually, might have to make that outside 5 days.

Back