• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

And here I am with an 8,and 6 year old and this math that they teach them makes my head want to explode.

Oh, it's been a while (since I've been out of high school for years now) but I've read about some silliness that they teach in methods to solve math from time ago. Some places changed it around from even ways that I learned it.

And my case goes even further from high school. Math and me just didn't mix. It just worsened in high school. It was so bad I couldn't do basic algebra. Heck, when I came back home from university and switched to technical school, I couldn't do some of the remedial math and I just broke down at one point because of that problem. To make that worse, it was a computer class to boot, too. There was a certain section I was simply not getting out of without a herculean effort by my brain. I was stuck and needed a break. Then I came back and did a program while feeling good about myself, and it's just a matter of trying to get full time work now.

Math is what killed my meteorology dream, but in the end Im thankful. I enjoy weather much more as a hobby when I may have hated it if I had to do it as a job.

Besides getting good pay, state insurance, a four day work week and the ability to
retire when Im 47 is probably better.

So for me, ADEM certification + CDL > Meteorology degree.
CDL helps with a lot of jobs these days, especially if you’re a good one. There is an absolute shorty of truck drivers these days. Companies are begging for drivers, however you have to start at the bottom to appreciate the top.

Math is what killed my meteorology dream, but in the end Im thankful. I enjoy weather much more as a hobby when I may have hated it if I had to do it as a job.

Besides getting good pay, state insurance, a four day work week and the ability to
retire when Im 47 is probably better.

So for me, ADEM certification + CDL > Meteorology degree.

Math is about to kill me aswell ?

Swear Math was harder in HS than it has been in college lol. Back in HS they would not let us use calculators at ALL. Now in college I have taken Calculus 1&2, Finite, and Statistics. Getting to use a calculator/Excel makes life a lot easier.

I used to love math, it was always my favorite subject.........until I got into high school. I enjoyed learning Algebra and Trigonometry, but anything above that like Geometry or Calculus was hell. Especially Calculus my junior year, it was like someone took a frying pan to the back of my head, brain completely went blank. It's nothing to really be proud of, but that was the one class in high school I was glad to BARELY pass with a C average. Like many of you, I was headset on going into Meteorology, but high school quickly changed that, plus I sucked at Physics also so.....I thought maybe graphic design would be a much better fit for me instead lol.

Im pretty good at some math such as the fomulas we had to learn and I dont mind it at all. However get past Algebra 1 and I believe a rock could do it better.
It’s so funny that algebra 1 was dreadful for me. Algebra 2 a breeze, geometry a breeze, pre cal and cal was hard but I got it done. That’s as far as I got but granted that was 20 years ago. Teachers make a yuge difference.

Swear Math was harder in HS than it has been in college lol. Back in HS they would not let us use calculators at ALL. Now in college I have taken Calculus 1&2, Finite, and Statistics. Getting to use a calculator/Excel makes life a lot easier.

Hmm, in my area of Georgia, I want to think that was not the case for us but I might not be remembering right (it might not have been allowed on some tests). Even having a calculator didn't matter for me though.

I used to love math, it was always my favorite subject.........until I got into high school. I enjoyed learning Algebra and Trigonometry, but anything above that like Geometry or Calculus was hell. Especially Calculus my junior year, it was like someone took a frying pan to the back of my head, brain completely went blank. It's nothing to really be proud of, but that was the one class in high school I was glad to BARELY pass with a C average. Like many of you, I was headset on going into Meteorology, but high school quickly changed that, plus I sucked at Physics also so.....I thought maybe graphic design would be a much better fit for me instead lol.

You might have been just older enough than me to not have this or didn't have the Math I/II/III/IV stuff, but I read old emails that had my dad complaining about how they had high school freshman starting off with basic aspects of Trig in Georgia with the courses that are just called "Math" courses instead of stuff like Algebra I which he felt was ridiculous. He also had me not even take Physics back in those days. They put me in it but he told me to get out and I managed to.

speaking of math what’s the equation for a SE snowstorm, its supposedly so hard to solve this winter

Bro how do you know so much about weather at 17 lol? Did you used to be on American or what?! You just came out nowhere this winter dropping knowledge
Watched the weather channel once when I was 5, gained interest in weather, really started learning about the more in depth stuff these past few years, I used to be lost on some of this stuff just a few years ago but it made me realized i need to learn and study about this, and this place has helped me out a whole lot aswell

Much more important than wx is our health and here's some great news about a well-known wrestler's health that has been in the news for 4 months: I have to admit tearing up a bit on this. He's a former GA Tech football player by the way and his real name is Joe Anoa'i. This happened in ATL..any coincidence?

"WWE superstar Roman Reigns announces his cancer is in remission, returns to action on Raw"

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...cer-is-in-remission-returns-to-action-on-raw/

Now check this out from 4 months ago, when he shocked the world announcing that he had had leukemia 11 years earlier and that it had just returned:. Prior to this announcement..heck even in the first 2 or so minutes of this video,,,,, he had been about the most hated of the babyfaces ("good guys") with many booing him. You'll see a very obvious change as those boos disappear and the support for him suddenly goes through the roof right after the announcement..really an incredible metamorphosis right before our eyes:

Last edited:
Back