• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Lol question, how is it here in the summer, is it dead or what ? I joined last October lol
I'm normally on here during our winter months, that said so long everyone, LOL. Really, I'm on here all fall/winter months some during slow business hours and more severe/floods/hurricanes season months. I'm never on here during a heat outbreak, that does not excites me.

LOL how will they keep the rink groomed with 2m’s in the upper 60’s?

They've done a winter classic before in Las Vegas, NV (actually was their first one) in 1991 w/ game time temps at 80F and grasshoppers jumping all over the ice lol. Guess it could be worse

LOL how will they keep the rink groomed with 2m’s in the upper 60’s?
I am sure when hockey is played inside (hockey arena) they building temp is kept around 68 degrees. If it was much colder people wouldn’t come and watch the games. Plus when they created the ring it has several layers.

I am sure when hockey is played inside (hockey arena) they building temp is kept around 68 degrees. If it was much colder people wouldn’t come and watch the games. Plus when they created the ring it has several layers.
But what about the sun and 100% humidity?

I never really partied but I mostly used my two years away at university to have fun. And although I'm quiet, I really did, snow or no snow because of the Berry College WMA, other wilderness areas, and I got to spend more time with my mom's side of the family.

And realized I wasn't ready to commit to doing something. My major regret of back then is committing to attending university when I wasn't ready to. I'm quite fine with what I ended up doing if I can eventually attain a full time job, but I wish I did what I did back in 2017 and early 2018 first, got a job and worked for a year, then eventually just gone to the hometown university or a place like Georgia Southern. As of now though, outside of the slim possibility of me trying to get into a program for basically one more year of classes, I'm just done with college lol.

I'm another in which if math didn't make me meltdown majorly, I'd have tried to get into meteorology from the start. I had to have my hands held in math all the way through high school. I was not a bad student, I was normally pretty good, but I absolutely would have failed high school due to math and math alone if my dad did not hold my hands. If it was not my dad, you simply did not get through my head with it.

I never really partied but I mostly used my two years away at university to have fun. And although I'm quiet, I really did, snow or no snow because of the Berry College WMA, other wilderness areas, and I got to spend more time with my mom's side of the family.

And realized I wasn't ready to commit to doing something. My major regret of back then is committing to attending university when I wasn't ready to. I'm quite fine with what I ended up doing if I can eventually attain a full time job, but I wish I did what I did back in 2017 and early 2018 first, got a job and worked for a year, then eventually just gone to the hometown university or a place like Georgia Southern. As of now though, outside of the slim possibility of me trying to get into a program for basically one more year of classes, I'm just done with college lol.

I'm another in which if math didn't make me meltdown majorly, I'd have tried to get into meteorology from the start. I had to have my hands held in math all the way through high school. I was not a bad student, I was normally pretty good, but I absolutely would have failed high school due to math and math alone if my dad did not hold my hands. If it was not my dad, you simply did not get through my head with it.
And here I am with an 8,and 6 year old and this math that they teach them makes my head want to explode.

Math is what killed my meteorology dream, but in the end Im thankful. I enjoy weather much more as a hobby when I may have hated it if I had to do it as a job.

Besides getting good pay, state insurance, a four day work week and the ability to
retire when Im 47 is probably better.

So for me, ADEM certification + CDL > Meteorology degree.

Math is what killed my meteorology dream, but in the end Im thankful. I enjoy weather much more as a hobby when I may have hated it if I had to do it as a job.

Besides getting good pay, state insurance, a four day work week and the ability to
retire when Im 47 is probably better.

So for me, ADEM certification + CDL > Meteorology degree.
I love math. I'm such a nerd

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back