• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

2010 was the last wall to wall winter I can remember that produced. We are coming up on a decade, and bound to hit another good one soon.

We will eventually, but it want be next year, save a well timed event like what happened for a lucky few earlier this year. Next winter is heavily favored mod-strong el nino. So it will be an almost carbon copy of this one unfortunately.

Wish i could have my towel back so i could throw it in again. So deflating hearing our local met say that the snow showers he said was possible near the VA border has dissipated. Oh well, wont be long and we can enjoy the sunshine and warmth. Oh wait, ive got the AC on now. It is warm.

Not excited at all about this snow "potential " bring on the hurricane season.
After 06z, the “potential” talk will be dead. There’s just no way to sugarcoat it. Hopefully the mountains can get a little something to close out ski season with a bang. It just doesn’t like to snow ‘here’ the way it used to. Surely next year will deliver..

After 06z, the “potential” talk will be dead. There’s just no way to sugarcoat it. Hopefully the mountains can get a little something to close out ski season with a bang. It just doesn’t like to snow ‘here’ the way it used to. Surely next year will deliver..

You left out the most important thing.... plenty of rain.

Y'all.
Is it always this bad? This is the first winter I've really followed weather this hard.
More often then not this is how it is. I think people forget we live in one of the least snowiest parts of the country. I believe the average snowfall for the U.S as a whole is around 25 inches. Most on this board average 6 inches or less of snow a year which isn’t even close to half of what the average U.S City gets each winter. I know we joke about how we can screw up the best of patterns but the old saying of every single thing needs to go right in order to get a southern snowstorm is 100% fact. The few times we do get a good snow is purely luck as everything times up perfectly. Even though models aren’t looking good for late this week / early next week I’m plenty happy that we even have a chance in early March to possibly see snow. If it doesn’t happen then I’ll enjoy the cold as I’m not someone wishing to bring on the heat if we can’t get snow. We get plenty of heat for at least half the year or more so I’ll enjoy the bug killing cold and non sticky weather for as long as possible.

This would have been a real bummer had this been in Jan/Feb. But looking forward to some legit spring weather on the horizon for mid-month, sans the rain.

Back