• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

After reading all the comments in here, with smart intelligent people who like to put up an argument with Webb, give up now!! because your not gonna win, lol. Banter please

After reading all the comments in here, with smart intelligent people who like to put up an argument with Webb, give up now!! because your not gonna win, lol. Banter please

Yeap Web actually is smart and not trying to look smart lol. I have a BS in meteorology and some of stuff he say soars over my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a major disconnect here in regards to when the models are looking "better" and "worse". The deep South was potentially looking at a suppressed system to give the I-20 corridor a decent snowfall event, and that is definitely trending the wrong way now.

NC is still in it, but a couple more warmer/Northern shifts like last night, and this is Virginia North.

I made a joke about an apps runner last night, and low and behold the Euro does it with wave #1, lol.

I find it humorous that folks that said they already gave up on the storm next week are still posting about it.
I find it humorous that you have to post this same thing 20 times a day.

This is for the field: No more direct or indirect attacks or negative comments toward other posters or groups of posters. If you have a problem with a post or poster, report it or PM a mod. Next time we comments like this, time out.

I can't wait til I actually finish this winter storm archive and have a beautiful, monstrous composite of not only big RDU, CLT, or GSO events or just a select few based on NCEP R1 limitations but hundreds upon hundreds of storms, I've virtually gotten to the point of coding in python where I can produce the same plots as in NOAA ESRL but w/ a nice twist of redefining a sliding base period in order to remove long-term inhomogeneities in the background climate and observational platform changes, etc.

Well, I didn't see it as arguing. I saw two awesome posters "discussing". I actually learned from it. ;)

Y'all.
Is it always this bad? This is the first winter I've really followed weather this hard.
Well you got snow in December, so you have actually done pretty well. But this year has been pretty bad, with all the hype at the beginning. Usually we have more of a torch than this winter, so its just been annoying temps and precip all winter.

Back