• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I've been on these forums since the 2013-2014 snow season. I got started with the initial Arctic blast in January of 2014, and it was followed up by the Jan 28 and Feb 12 snow storms. Talk about getting spoiled out the gate. Back then I only got on Talkweather, as this place wasn't around and the people on AmericanWx are despicable. Back then I didn't know a lick about the models and remember that Storm5 used to always to a very climatic PBP on TW back in 2014/2015 lol. He was the only one I guess that would pay for the models back then, now they are pretty much free for a lot of us. Started actually learning some of what the terminology was and how to read more than just surface maps in the Winter of 2016. I've been in college the past 4 years, so I get the freedom of having a lot of nights being able to stay up late for the Euro and what not. Still have a lot to learn, and really starting to get interested in severe. I still get way too moody and honestly thought after last winter I was kinda out of that phase with weather. This winter with the model performance though has taken it to another level lol. Hope we get some interesting weather before May when I graduate and start working full time, as I wont have near the amount on time I have now to check on things.

Alright guys and gals. I don’t post much, but I do believe in prayer. Been a rough day and I and my family could use some prayers. Long story short my mom had a brain aneurysm 21 years ago and me and my stepfather have been the caregivers since then. My stepfather/dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung and liver cancer and will start chemo on Wednesday. I don’t have a whole lot of help that is capable and nearby so it falls on pretty much my shoulders. My mom has also been admitted to the icu in Birmingham with pneumonia and has been incubated. Send a prayer up for me and my family if you so choose, I appreciate y’all!
Prayer going out for you brother. Takes a special person for what you have done for your family. A lot of people wouldn’t done what you have done for your mom and dad. Just keep you head up and don’t give up. And again prayer out to you.

On this day 105 years ago, areas South of Macon received one of the biggest snowfalls in recorded history. I can only imagine the shock that such a system produced in the age before instant connection to forms of media.

Ahh yes, this storm was a total bada**. Society Hill, SC just south of Rockingham picked up 20". This storm & February 1899 were the benchmark for central SC until February 1973.

February 25-26 1914 NC Snowmap.png

Man this NW trend is going to be tough to watch. And we still have 6-7 days. Last nights Euro was a clear step in the wrong direction. Good thing someone didn’t fire that thread up. Just the thought of it has already killed snow chances for most of the board. Try not to get so invested in fantasy threats. This isn’t hard

Man this NW trend is going to be tough to watch. And we still have 6-7 days. Last nights Euro was a clear step in the wrong direction. Good thing someone didn’t fire that thread up. Just the thought of it has already killed snow chances for most of the board. Try not to get so invested in fantasy threats. This isn’t hard

If it goes north I want it west of us, 50F rain is a little better. Lip stick on a pig better.

Man, I wake up to no March snow!? Somebody is lying, the models have to be wrong!??

I guess folks still haven't learn about when models show any kind of fantasy storm it only break people hearts with reality... Spring is around the corner it's time to start shifting our focus on that and move on from this horrible winter

How do you know if it's a fantasy, though? If that's how it's going to be, then there is no point of even having this forum and folks should just look at their three day forecast.

Back