• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Mini 5 number two is here so we can book the snowstorm for next week
3c5a46b58f94d610e64e8038eeb87614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like me when the models finally show reality the day before a supposed snow storm. On a more serious note, congratulations!!

Hope y'all like severe weather, cause I'm about to start tracking it like some people on here track snow. Blind optimism and wishcasting everywhere.

Nah what I remember in the fog from the old days was you would have a storm show up at first that was not suppressed. There were plenty of misses but the ones that worked out, 2-12-10 was looking good at first then went away and came back, the Christmas 2010 snowstorm looked good at first, then it was the same shebang (although it wasn't really a similar case, it was a phase or no phase situation and if there was no phase it wasn't going to be as good), and there was actually a couple in which it got pretty locked in that it was going to be a significant winter storm quite early.

Yeah, models might have worsened over the past few years when you consider that I've read on here (since my memory is trash at times) that the Euro was absolutely locked in on 2-12-14 at least 3 days in advance. It was such a lock that I gave my parents a warning that a historic ice storm looked likely in the Augusta area (was not home that year) 2 or 3 days in advance so my dad could get firewood in the house since they were likely to lose power for a long time.

Based off what I've seen Eric say, I'm gonna go with blazing. Last freezes for deeper in the south than TN/NC might be sooner than I thought (within the first 10 days of March).

We tie for the win with our warm Euro weeks' 3-6 forecasts! Congrats!

The coldest period is, you guessed it,. the 6-10. So, this is suggesting we score then or we're out for this winter.

On this day 105 years ago, areas South of Macon received one of the biggest snowfalls in recorded history. I can only imagine the shock that such a system produced in the age before instant connection to forms of media.

On this day 105 years ago, areas South of Macon received one of the biggest snowfalls in recorded history. I can only imagine the shock that such a system produced in the age before instant connection to forms of media.

I read some Civil War diaries in the past and had read about quite the ice/snow storm through SC/GA/NC in FEB during the March/CAE takeover.. from some of Sherman's troops.

And like now, that was during a weak El Nino. That one even gave us here at the coast a major sleet and ice combo (more ice)! And ATL got a couple of inches of snow. This was a very rare near boardwide event.

On another note...

I can't believe that by October this year, I'll have been doing this for 11 years. My long term memory can be foggy at times but from what I remember from the past (really mostly was able to read most recently because of what happened to old TW) I really used to be (and this is not hating or targeting), a mixture of Brick and just your normal typical moody teenager when I first started out. Sometimes pretty positive and sometimes quite negative. I shaped up though, and I think it really began when I began to grow up mentally when I started my senior year of high school. I'm not ashamed of changing at all, although I hate that that forum is gone, I looked back some at my earliest days, and honestly at times, I was ashamed of myself from back then.

Now that I'm talking a little bit about the old days, I wonder how I would have done as a 7-8 year old lmao on weather forums. Honestly probably not well.

Alright guys and gals. I don’t post much, but I do believe in prayer. Been a rough day and I and my family could use some prayers. Long story short my mom had a brain aneurysm 21 years ago and me and my stepfather have been the caregivers since then. My stepfather/dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung and liver cancer and will start chemo on Wednesday. I don’t have a whole lot of help that is capable and nearby so it falls on pretty much my shoulders. My mom has also been admitted to the icu in Birmingham with pneumonia and has been incubated. Send a prayer up for me and my family if you so choose, I appreciate y’all!

Alright guys and gals. I don’t post much, but I do believe in prayer. Been a rough day and I and my family could use some prayers. Long story short my mom had a brain aneurysm 21 years ago and me and my stepfather have been the caregivers since then. My stepfather/dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung and liver cancer and will start chemo on Wednesday. I don’t have a whole lot of help that is capable and nearby so it falls on pretty much my shoulders. My mom has also been admitted to the icu in Birmingham with pneumonia and has been incubated. Send a prayer up for me and my family if you so choose, I appreciate y’all!
Praying for you and your family!!

Praying for you and them man ???? Hope they can get better, Cancer is a piece of ----, f*ck cancer, took my grandpa away from me, my hate against cancer is sky high, anyways hope the best for you and them man

Back