• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

The disease can be transmitted to certain types of monkeys, ferrets, and even lab mice, but brain destroying prions haven’t done much with these animals yet, idk what’s worse, this or the government playing around with H5N1 (bird flu)

I feel bad for JB, is that a good or a bad thing ? He’s a good forecaster, just very cold biased

Yeah, I broke free. I just glanced at the models and it's southern US ridge as far as the eye can see. I'm done. I've only looked once a week at the h5 pattern for the past 3 weeks and it's felt great.

Summary of winter 2018-2019: Crap winter for CLT, I got a decent chunk though in December in N. Mooresville. January and February were horrid and a HUGE fail. Long range forecasting is unreliable at best. Even ensembles were horrible. Honestly this year makes me question my relatively futile hobby. Don't know if I'll remember these revelations come next year though....lol.

Yeah, I broke free. I just glanced at the models and it's southern US ridge as far as the eye can see. I'm done. I've only looked once a week at the h5 pattern for the past 3 weeks and it's felt great.

Summary of winter 2018-2019: Crap winter for CLT, I got a decent chunk though in December in N. Mooresville. January and February were horrid and a HUGE fail. Long range forecasting is unreliable at best. Even ensembles were horrible. Honestly this year makes me question my relatively futile hobby. Don't know if I'll remember these revelations come next year though....lol.
Snowfall was virtually average so far for the winter around here and temps were obviously above but not record warm, it’s not a great winter but far from being among the worst, I can definitely name a ton of winters that are clearly dumpster fires for both compared to this one. If we end up with a solid event in early March combined cold + snow anomaly will be practically at the long term normals. It’s not that bad

Last edited:
This won’t end well! No wedge signature, cold has been over modeled all winter, this will be a DT special, by Wednesday at the latest!75E44431-A943-4A90-9A59-47B195C8BD6F.png

You know if this were dead of Winter and models hadn't sucked so horribly this year and this was like the "good 'ol days" I'd be excited about the weak southern sliders on the GFS and it's evil twin...... as it is, I'm not

Back