• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Anyone still thinking March will produce a winter storm? I don’t see it happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone still thinking March will produce a winter storm? I don’t see it happening

I’d say the storm at day 8-9 Is our last shot at something since we will have that big -EPO during that time, than we switch over to warmer/longer days and actually have spring weather

Yea one road is, every other place is a death trap.

Areas outside of the city tho are nice, I enjoyed it there, better then CLT, anyways I’m not afraid of some of those areas in the city but I did avoid a couple parts

I recommend a trip to Gainesville, FL, in winter. Typically that means great outdoors wx with some great parks like the Prairie, Devil’s Millhopper, and the botanical gardens off Archer Road though don’t forget Veterans Memorial, which has an interesting memorial to fallen soldiers from all of our wars and is a very nice place to walk. That was my “go to” frequently park. There is also some good eatin’ there and prices are reasonable. If you want a relaxing low key long weekend vacation with lots of fun waking opportunities, consider going there. @pcbjr would agree! I actually lived there for a short period a few years ago. That’s why I know so much about it.

Last edited:
I recommend a trip to Gainesville, FL, in winter. Typically that means great outdoors wx with some great parks like the Prairie, Devil’s Millhopper, and the botanical gardens off Archer Roa though don’t forget Veterans Memorial, which has an interesting memorial to fallen soldiers from all of our wars and is a very nice place to walk. There is also some good eatin’ there and prices are reasonable. If you want a relaxing low key long weekend vacation, consider going there. @pcbjr would agree!

Especially 11/2. That timeframe has been great lately and going forward.

I recommend a trip to Gainesville, FL, in winter. Typically that means great outdoors wx with some great parks like the Prairie, Devil’s Millhopper, and the botanical gardens off Archer Road though don’t forget Veterans Memorial, which has an interesting memorial to fallen soldiers from all of our wars and is a very nice place to walk. There is also some good eatin’ there and prices are reasonable. If you want a relaxing low key long weekend vacation with lots of fun waking opportunities, consider going there. @pcbjr would agree! I actually lived there for a short period a few years ago.
If temps near 90 with dp in the mid to upper 60s in February is your idea of great winter weather then you have issues !

If temps near 90 with dp in the mid to upper 60s in February is your idea of great winter weather then you have issues !
This is an absolutely unusual Feb. Ever had an unusual month your way? Do you judge a location by 1 anomalous month? Actually over the years I've seen more frozen in Feb down here than in any other month; cold fronts seem to want to bring a stiff NE wind off the ocean in Feb and mix right IMBY (bad 4 letter word ... :eek:) ... just not happening in 2019 ...

Got home today and if I wasn't out and about, I might have participated with the severe weather threat.

Decided two days ago to ask to pull off at the Sweetwater Wetlands Park for some exercise on the way back. Dad got absorbed in birdwatching, asking that if this was connected to Payne's Prairie and really enjoying himself to try to make up for disappointment at the actual prairie, I said I didn't think so, he said he thought it was on the northern end, then he decided to take a loop back that was at a place we weren't supposed to be on. So we ended up out for at least 15 minutes longer than I wanted to be.

When we got back, I realized that sweat was pouring all over my back. I wasn't very comfortable due to that, but gutted out driving a little over 2 hours because I wanted to help my dad. Saw some places say 91 degrees on their signs. Didn't exactly believe it. Just checked the wunderground history at Gainesville for today about 15 minutes ago. The high was 90. And I had chosen to wear jogging pants since it was probably going to be cool once I got home.

Lol

Pretty park though. If we weren't just quickly coming by it would have been a much better stop.

Last edited:
Back