• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I'm looking forward to the time change in 16 days. Going to be nice seeing it daylight until 8pm !

Don’t remind me. I HATE DST. It shouldn’t exist as this means the Euro isn’t finished til 3 AM! That sucks big time. I’m all in favor of going back to standard time.

Also, that means one has to wait longer to take a walk during the cooler after dark hours.

Don’t remind me. I HATE DST. It shouldn’t exist as this means the Euro isn’t finished til 3 AM! That sucks big time. I’m all in favor of going back to standard time.

Also, that means one has to wait longer to take a walk during the cooler after dark hours.
And it is dark later in the am.

Yeah .. FL passed legislation last year to go 365 with one time, but Congress never acted on it (it's a federal thing if a state wants to stay DST year round) ... but again, this is not about weather ... :eek:

DST is the best thing ever, getting dark before 6:30pm during winter is jus downright depressing! The later it gets dark the better, I couldn't care less about it being dark longer in the AM!

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I like the current DST system. Year round standard time would make summer sunsets too early and year round DST would make winter sunrises too late. If you don't want it dark at 8pm in summer, or dark at 8am in winter, the current system is fine.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I like the current DST system. Year round standard time would make summer sunsets too early and year round DST would make winter sunrises too late. If you don't want it dark at 8pm in summer, or dark at 8am in winter, the current system is fine.
Gotta get off the soapbox here ... but it wasn't broke for a few hundred years and then they "fixed" it and the amount of illness attributable since is insane ... just go back to God's clock and leave well enough alone ...

Back to back threats in 18z GFS! March 1960 redux incoming.....A900DC10-276D-4D3E-9791-A6C39B3364DD.png4B4BE454-60A5-429B-A531-81DB207A8649.png

We suck at everything but rain!☹️?DF7B435F-121B-4093-BC10-046670BB23CA.png

Back