• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

It was fun for me for about 2 seconds until I realized what was really happening, then it got scary, once it was over it was a weird relief and exhilaration at the fact of realizing I had just experienced my first tornado close to home. I was going through all kinds of rollercoaster of emotions. It was still an exciting weekend tho, especially the next day on Saturday because it was so warm and humid, I knew we were in for it again, I'm just glad and grateful it wasn't another tornado. My grandmother's home had very minor damage with some sidings blown off and we had a lot of tree damage in the backyard. We were very lucky compared to some of our neighbors who had more home damage. In fact, one of the trees that fell came within feet of falling onto the back of my grandma's house where her bedroom is and where we were in the closet taking shelter. Saturday storms were the first time I actually got to see golf ball sized hail. I heard hail in that tornado, but I didn't see it because I was little preoccupied racing to a closet with my grandma and niece at the time. lol It snuck up so fast, we didn't really have time to run to the basement. Only thing that sucked was not having power most of the weekend because of the downed lines, it made me more anxious because we had to rely on the changing skies and a radio we had that ran on batteries for backup power, listening to different stations to stay alert to what else was coming our way. I vowed to myself I would buy a NOAA radio after that event, 11 years later I still haven't done it yet. Procrastination at it's best. lol

I’m disappointed that I haven’t ever experienced something like this.......NOT!!

lol what’s up with this ad? She’s clearly funneling vodka down an ice luge y’all gotta get some better advertisers
View attachment 16218
Edit: at least it says it’s a “party piece” I was like wtf
That's just a picture from the southernwx staff christmas party

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Over 21 million people live in FL and theres only one poster on here ? Whats up with that ?

Apparentally half of them are rich people busy flying private jets based off what I saw in the night sky and heard my step uncle say. It was still humid at night btw but I didn't mind it.

i drove to start today and just kept pushing until shortly after it became partly cloudy skies instead of cloudy. I was actually sweating by lunchtime and it wasn't really hot yet but it was because the car didn't have anything on.

I think my most intense thunderstorms might have simply been pop ups, outside of maybe the one we drove into in St. Augustine. Although the reason why might simply have to do with things going from zero to crazy quickly.

There was one time where I was sitting with my laptop charging with one starting to crank up and after one thunderclap that was especially loud my mom said "Take your laptop off the charger". Didn't listen at first but did later pull it, and probably about five minutes later there was light that seemingly came inside in the window beside me, heard something electrical snap, a huge crash of thunder, and the power snapped all seemingly at the same time. There was no seconds in between all of it.

The first thought after that was lightning had just struck the house again. Now that I worked my way through it, I actually don't think so but it struck extremely close, maybe just merely feet behind that window.

I've also had creepy moments where I was listening to creepy music with a thunderstorm and the power surged with that music on.

I think my most intense thunderstorms might have simply been pop ups, outside of maybe the one we drove into in St. Augustine. Although the reason why might simply have to do with things going from zero to crazy quickly.

There was one time where I was sitting with my laptop charging with one starting to crank up and after one thunderclap that was especially loud my mom said "Take your laptop off the charger". Didn't listen at first but did later pull it, and probably about five minutes later there was light that seemingly came inside in the window beside me, heard something electrical snap, a huge crash of thunder, and the power snapped all seemingly at the same time. There was no seconds in between all of it.

The first thought after that was lightning had just struck the house again. Now that I worked my way through it, I actually don't think so but it struck extremely close, maybe just merely feet behind that window.

I've also had creepy moments where I was listening to creepy music with a thunderstorm and the power surged with that music on.

late 70's, early 80's. Living out in the country in Central Ga. Got struck by the loudest and biggest flashes of lightning I saw back then! Lost 2 tvs and our AC unit for a couple of months in the middle of July. Never liked lightning since. Nowadays, I just lay on the bed during a bad lightning storm.... Hate it!

Back