• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Here’s y’all something to hug!! What could go wrong! I expect WSW anytime now for mby! ED4EB408-F2E8-4635-9D73-3BE3B98651A6.png

Perfect set up, monster banana high, coastal transfer from Missouri, if only it was Marc...... !? I mean pattern still loaded! 00C3310C-0853-4FAD-BD91-9DF46148F44A.png

Even though we had 8 inches in December, I cannot give this winter a grade better than C-. To go all of January and likely February without even a snow flurry is just pathetic for RDU. I don't remember that happening in decades. On top of that, Greg Fishel is gone. This January and February has been horrible for me as a snow lover in the Raleigh area.

The birds are starting to get in a frenzy. Will monitor closely tomorrow for tale tale signs. Please bare with them as they eat and move around don’t disturb them.
Observed a flock of Magpies harvesting magnolia seeds this morning. First week of
March should be interesting

Hoping for a miracle in March. Even a non-accumulating flurry would suffice after January and February.

Even though we had 8 inches in December, I cannot give this winter a grade better than C-. To go all of January and likely February without even a snow flurry is just pathetic for RDU. I don't remember that happening in decades. On top of that, Greg Fishel is gone. This January and February has been horrible for me as a snow lover in the Raleigh area.

Beating a dead horse here because I've shown this map over & over again to you but RDU airport likely screwed the pooch on reporting the sleet that fell across Wake County on January 12-13. Numerous reports via social media, mPing, etc clearly showed sleet mixed w/ rain all across the county which is still a T of snow/sleet.
January 12-13 2019 NC Snowmap.png

How long do you guys think I could live on 70,000?

In total?

It'd totally depend on your situation but when I asked my dad about how much he spent in total a year, he estimated that to be about 30,000 to support 3 people. He owns a house that has long been paid off though, doesn't pay for the luxuries on the TV subscription, etc etc.

(and has also long been retired, which surprised someone that I met last year in the spring that is a couple years older than my parents and they still work, fwiw it's for medical reasons though, he's the caregiver for my mom)

Back