• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Tropical T’s really needs to get its sh** together. I can’t even look to see how much snow I’m not getting wtf..

Can someone drop a whole lot of ice in the SW N Atlantic, pretty please? If you do, maybe I'll pay for a SW Atlantic cruise for you, which would make it easier to drop the ice. If you're lucky, you can go on the same cruise as @Tarheel1 and talk wx the entire trip. @Jimmy Hypocracy or anyone else, does this deal interest you? We've got to cooldown the Atlantic and also finally get Mack on his boat to get winter back. Ever since Mack's cruise was postponed because things looked promising for late Jan, things have gone and stayed downhill.

I won't even post this in the pattern thread:

0Z Euro: nothing exciting as expected other than for parts of W NC in the CAD region that might get close to 32 in 3 days although mainly a nasty cold rain is expected even in a lot of the CAD regions. ATL will be just cold rain. Good for zzzz.... though. Night night.

This will make some happy...

FV3 no longer planned to be operational by March 20.

EMC updated the timeline from March 20 to TBD. They won’t be starting the 30 day IT period any time soon either, it appears.
38128f150754010b78afb62c48810667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will make some happy...

FV3 no longer planned to be operational by March 20.

EMC updated the timeline from March 20 to TBD. They won’t be starting the 30 day IT period any time soon either, it appears.
38128f150754010b78afb62c48810667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic news! I’m so excited that I may not be able to sleep tonight. Maybe Southernwx’s petition really made a difference??

Just an FYI on the deleting vs moving thing....there is no vendetta against anyone on this board. Posts from a wide variety of posters get moved and deleted (more deleting that moved) simply because they’re banter in the main thread, including mine. Yes, some get missed. It’s not a personal attack on anyone. And you probably don’t know this, but moving posts is a multi-step process that not very easy. Please consider this before posting banter and then getting upset if/when it gets moved or deleted. Nobody is trying to make anyone upset or show favoritism. I didn’t move/delete anything yesterday evening, but I wanted to say that, because we aren’t trying to upset anyone by attempting to keep the threads kind of clean.

I hope this don't sound to dumb...but will somebody explain to me in not to difficult term what is the South East Ridge? what i am gather from people talking it stop the cold air from coming south or something to that affect. Also how does it get broke down? Thanks

I hope this don't sound to dumb...but will somebody explain to me in not to difficult term what is the South East Ridge? what i am gather from people talking it stop the cold air from coming south or something to that affect. Also how does it get broke down? Thanks

It's a semi-permanent area of high pressure that's found way above our heads in the middle-upper part of the troposphere (over 10,000-15,000 feet above the ground).

But why is it close to permanent this winter?

Hadley Cell expansion attributable in part to global warming which leads to poleward subtropical highs, plus the fact that we've had dateline forcing this month that's actually favorable for a SER in February (esp when it occurs in conjunction with a sudden stratospheric warming event) explains a large part of the SER's persistence of late.

Jimmy, get your gallons of milk and loaves of bread!!! Tuesday night event is the one we’ve been waiting for!! ☃️☃️☃️

WOW! GFS all in on ice storm!!????CD9E0BF8-B251-411F-B900-23711B84C161.png

There is 0, ZERO chance of a front end thump of anything in SC, unless rain counts?

Back