• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

It might have actually been graupel, but I believe I've seen it snow at 45 for a very brief period some time ago. It was maybe for 15 minutes and I caught it because people nearby me on facebook were talking about it.

I was in one personally that I remember to this day. Had nothing to do with snow but the fog still gives me bad vibes. I was on I 75 north out of Atlanta in a semi and about the 353 mile marker somewhere around Ft Oglethorpe ga. I was pinned just like the video above. I literally got out of the truck and ran into the woods as far as I could. The sounds of cars crashing went on for ever. Cars catching on fire people screaming haunts me to this day.
Yeah, that's super scary stuff..

I meant Daytona

6 years ago today. Heavy snow with temps in the upper 30’s mid day. Don’t even remember it being forecasted but after a a few hours we had a good 2-3” here. Memorable event. Even had thunder snow that day!

View attachment 15810
View attachment 15811

Now THAT is a much better surprise than mets busting badly on CAD and an ice storm happening with your county not calling school, which was a mistake. I've had good surprises since then, but my dad grumbling about the county not cancelling school with that storm while driving me there will be entrenched for good. Along with me sometimes looking up storm2k posts from then and smiling/giggling like a freaking maniac at "ffc has been out to lunch, in another country" as a related post to that.

No really good progress in the overnight models that I could see, although I haven’t seen the EPS past 240. (Is anything past 240 even worth looking at anyway?). But I assume if it was really good, it would have been discussed.

What a shame it has been to have such an active STJ this winter with almost no cold air to speak of. When all is said and done, we will have wasted over half of the winter above normal. We weren’t really far off from having a couple of nice events. In fact, I’ll bet that even an average winter temp-wise would have given many areas above average snowfall.

In the end, we will have squandered away what should have been a decent period, having only the distant memory of a rogue December storm as a bittersweet epilogue to a horribly disappointing winter season.

Yeah we got jinxed when someone said what if that was the only storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t wait to complain about dry conditions. My golf game is going to be awful this year. Might look into getting a skytrak for the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 years ago today. Heavy snow with temps in the upper 30’s mid day. Don’t even remember it being forecasted but after a a few hours we had a good 2-3” here. Memorable event. Even had thunder snow that day!

View attachment 15810
View attachment 15811

I was just talking about this with someone on twitter but it was a strange setup, had a outflow boundary and acted like a MCS, setup I’ll never forget

Back