• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I'm finally giving in, getting my pre emergent today after work and putting it out. The next 14+ days of non freezing weather along with plenty of rain should start to sprout some spring weeds. Sigh

Now we know a frigid and wintry march is on the way! :D

I'm finally giving in, getting my pre emergent today after work and putting it out. The next 14+ days of non freezing weather along with plenty of rain should start to sprout some spring weeds. Sigh
Already seeing some in my yard unfortunately. Hoping March will be cold enough to put a halt on it.

In GSO, we have had some winters with 0.00 snow and several with less that .5 of snow for the winter. The ones with 0.00 (since 1910) are:\
1912-13, 1919-20, 1922-23, 1924-25, 1927-28, 1944-45, 1949-50, 1952-53, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1999-2000. Some interesting things I noticed were that the only 2 back to back snowless winters were in the 90's, the 90's tied with the 1920's for most in a decade, the early years in this list could
be a recording issue since several of the years have asterisks beside them indicating not all days of that month were recorded.

The best thing about this crap weather pattern is very little ground temps and sun angle BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The best thing about this crap weather patten is very little ground temps and sun angle BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. If we ever did have another threat before winter is done there should be a temporary ban on anyone bringing that up after this crappy winter.

The Euro has me getting 4.4” of rain!! Wow, the apocalypse is near!! I better start building the ark this afternoon! ??

In case y’all were wondering, there can be patterns that lock in for 3-4 weeks and not be heatwaves and flooding!! Seattle D4B34CAB-EB52-416C-991C-47EC92FCEC03.png

E55CA293-E689-45FB-BB69-6F994FF0D755.pngNow it’s happening, if you pay for details!! ???

He never gives up but I hope he's right for a change and it is cold in March and April. Unlike many here, I'm not thinking so much about wintry precip since it is very rare here. I just want it comfortably cool like it was last April.

Should he give up so early on his -3 to -5 DJF for most of the SE? Heck, this is still attainable as all he'd need would be -100 anomalies for the average of each day in the last week of Feb. Not likely but doable for sure.

He never gives up but I hope he's right for a change and it is cold in March and April. Unlike many here, I'm not thinking so much about wintry precip since it is very rare here. I just want it comfortably cool like it was last April.

Should he give up so early on his -3 to -5 DJF for most of the SE? Heck, this is still attainable as all he'd need would be -100 anomalies for the average of each day in the last week of Feb. Not likely but doable for sure.
I don't know if we'll ever have a -3 winter again in our lifetime

Be careful what you wish for. Do you really want day after day of highs in the 30s and 40s with no snow to show for it ? I would much rather have a warmer than normal March and April with temps in the 60s on a consistent basis. Cold March's and April's are the absolute worst IMO.

Be careful what you wish for. Do you really want day after day of highs in the 30s and 40s with no snow to show for it ? I would much rather have a warmer than normal March and April with temps in the 60s on a consistent basis. Cold March's and April's are the absolute worst IMO.

In my area, a cool April would mean highs in the 60's to low 70s. That would be what I'm hoping for.

Cooler than normal is still better in March and April than warmer than normal, since above normal will be 75-85 degrees and climbing by April anyway. We don't need Florida weather and mosquitoes spreading up to the rest of the south.

Cooler than normal is still better in March and April than warmer than normal, since above normal will be 75-85 degrees and climbing by April anyway. We don't need Florida weather and mosquitoes spreading up to the rest of the south.
If I had to choose any time of the year for temps to be cooler than normal it would be the summer. The rest of the year can be above normal and I would be fine with that.

Back