• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

yeah ts just been more annoying this winter because everyone said it was gonna be our year and we've had nothing to show for it
Reminds me of that old Andy Griffith episode when Opey went to the fair and wanted to win a big prize shooting a BB gun ... except the sight was bent ...

Gotcha beat ... if it means anything ... :eek:
Yep, I don't really have any complaints. Unlike a lot of people on this board I understand that living in the southeast, the odds are not exactly in my favor to receive snow. If we get some then thats great, if we don't, well we are not exactly suppose to every year.

there have been long streaks here before(the 90s especially) but this is one of the longest of course the early part of the decade was so snowy I guess its a trade off(20 inches in 09-10) and then 10-11 was also quite snowy mostly the week the Super Bowl was here(maybe a curse? lol)

the last snowy streak here was a week at the end of February/early March 2015 with about 7 inches, most coming in the last storm on March 5th with 4 inches reported, and that's the last time the airport had more than a dusting
I believe you don’t get snow as often as over here, but when you do get snow it’s most likely a big dog. That begs the question of would you rather have a 8-12 inch snow storm every 3-5 years or would you rather get a couple of 1-3 inch storms each winter season. The average accumulating snowfall I get is usually around 1-2 inches with an occasional bigger snow of 3-5 every 3-4 winters. I’ve only had one snow of 6 inches or more in 13 years and that was the foot I got back in January 2016. After seeing the big one I think I like being more likely to see multiple smaller events each year then a huge event every few years.

I believe you don’t get snow as often as over here, but when you do get snow it’s most likely a big dog. That begs the question of would you rather have a 8-12 inch snow storm every 3-5 years or would you rather get a couple of 1-3 inch storms each winter season. The average accumulating snowfall I get is usually around 1-2 inches with an occasional bigger snow of 3-5 every 3-4 winters. I’ve only had one snow of 6 inches or more in 13 years and that was the foot I got back in January 2016. After seeing the big one I think I like being more likely to see multiple smaller events each year then a huge event every few years.

growing up in Alabama all I ever saw was 1-3 inches, 4 inches being my record a couple times(other than 1993 which I barely remember since I was 5)

so I definitely wanna see a big dog at some point, I wasn't here in 2010 when Dallas had its record snowfall

in NYC last year I saw probably close to the 4 inches benchmark from a freak snowstorm in the midst of a heat wave lol

ironically the March 2015 storm matched my record from Alabama here so there's that, but this streak has gotten so ridiculous now I'd take anything

Well folks we have next winter to look forward to I mean if we don't get a snowstorm for the remainder of the winter it's not the end of the world.... But again we do live in the south and sometimes we score and sometimes strike out... So far this has been one of those winter's that we strike out on

I’m really getting worried about the peach and plum season in my home state of Alabama. Georgia, South Carolina, and parts of north Florida as well. Blueberries too! This is shaping up to be a second consecutive year of a terrible crop here in the south. I have had farmers from Alabama tell me that their plum trees are already budding out. They never feel safe until after Easter.

I’m really getting worried about the peach and plum season in my home state of Alabama. Georgia, South Carolina, and parts of north Florida as well. Blueberries too! This is shaping up to be a second consecutive year of a terrible crop here in the south. I have had farmers from Alabama tell me that their plum trees are already budding out. They never feel safe until after Easter.
The bad part is, for budding fruit, is/was no freeze ... bushes/trees just are not prone to flowering big on the cusp of a warm winter ... pecans will be interesting ... they are already budding (way, way too early) ... but pecans and scallops have a correlation ... so let's see what scallop season brings for the nuts ...
One thing is ... the quail dogs sure did not get a workout this winter ...

Well folks we have next winter to look forward to I mean if we don't get a snowstorm for the remainder of the winter it's not the end of the world.... But again we do live in the south and sometimes we score and sometimes strike out... So far this has been one of those winter's that we strike out on
How dare your optimism....but your right

What are the chances that the SER becomes a semipermanent climate feature? Like an atmospheric Gulf Stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, "strike out"? What's the best batting average ever in MLB?
We're good; it's just a trip to the next game ... ;) ...
Home run ...

It snows IMBY every year. Just not a lot. Can’t remember the last year it didn’t snow in January or February though. This has been a bit unusual

Back