• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

We should really just stop trying to predict Winter in Fall or at all. I don't think we know enough to do it. Maybe by the year 2,500 they will be able to somewhat accurately predict Seasons a season out. Lol

We should really just stop trying to predict Winter in Fall or at all. I don't think we know enough to do it. Maybe by the year 2,500 they will be able to somewhat accurately predict Seasons a season out. Lol
It's quite silly isn't it ? All of these people with all of their incredible knowledge and tools at their disposal, and for what ? If seasonal forecasts are going to be so inaccurate, what's the point ?

Just wait until Mahvelous March!

tenor.gif

I usually don’t let myself get sucked in because I’ve had good winters that were supposed to be bad and bad ones that were supposed to be good like this one. Unfortunately because 3 out 4 winters before this one were excellent I kind of forgot I lived in the south. I let the hype get to me and expected a blockbuster winter this season. If this winter continues as is it will make it 2 of the last 3 the most horrible winters I’ve experienced. If nothing else it at least taught me the reminder to not buy into the hype weather good or bad.

I usually don’t let myself get sucked in because I’ve had good winters that were supposed to be bad and bad ones that were supposed to be good like this one. Unfortunately because 3 out 4 winters before this one were excellent I kind of forgot I lived in the south. I let the hype get to me and expected a blockbuster winter this season. If this winter continues as is it will make it 2 of the last 3 the most horrible winters I’ve experienced. If nothing else it at least taught me the reminder to not buy into the hype weather good or bad.
The problem is you and everyone else will once again buy into the hype again next season. People have a tendency to forget.

The problem is you and everyone else will once again buy into the hype again next season. People have a tendency to forget.
No I won’t as I haven’t for about 5 years until this season. There’s a reason I’m usually the one telling people not to give up on winter when January is just beginning and things don’t look great. This year was a good reminder and I can assure you I won’t listen to the hype weather good or bad again. The more winters I’ve experienced here the more knowledgeable I get about my particular area as does everyone else about theirs. The only reason I bought into the hype is because of how good my winters have been since the 2014/2015 season. Everyone has multiple years where winters are better or worse and mine have been great so it was easier to buy into the great winter hype. There was also the fact that the last El Niño gave me my biggest single snow storm ever. If anything the next few winters people will most likely not buy into a good winter forecast after this disaster of a winter.

I get better with it every year, especially being in a 5 year drought of no winter weather down here. I was over this Winter very early this year and sorta had a bad feeling early on back in January. Lots of gullible people will continue to fall for it though but I just don't know how after this fail of a Winter.

I get better with it every year, especially being in a 5 year drought of no winter weather down here. I was over this Winter very early this year and sorta had a bad feeling early on back in January. Lots of gullible people will continue to fall for it though but I just don't know how after this fail of a Winter.

Pretty much this

Hasnt really snowed here in 4 years why start now

I new when Webber’s meter inched to a 3, we were toast! Mines at 1/16th, for rest of winter

This winter has sucked so bad, my petunias didn’t even die completely! That’s so rare, because they are so sensitive to cold!!

I would never guess your area would be without snow this long. I would imagine when you do get something it may be significant.

there have been long streaks here before(the 90s especially) but this is one of the longest of course the early part of the decade was so snowy I guess its a trade off(20 inches in 09-10) and then 10-11 was also quite snowy mostly the week the Super Bowl was here(maybe a curse? lol)

the last snowy streak here was a week at the end of February/early March 2015 with about 7 inches, most coming in the last storm on March 5th with 4 inches reported, and that's the last time the airport had more than a dusting

there have been long streaks here before(the 90s especially) but this is one of the longest of course the early part of the decade was so snowy I guess its a trade off(20 inches in 09-10) and then 10-11 was also quite snowy mostly the week the Super Bowl was here(maybe a curse? lol)

the last snowy streak here was a week at the end of February/early March 2015 with about 7 inches, most coming in the last storm on March 5th with 4 inches reported, and that's the last time the airport had more than a dusting
That's crazy. Hopefully things will shift back to at least seeing some kind of wintry weather every other year. Our pattern has been one major storm every 3 years and not much in between. Very frustrating.

That's crazy. Hopefully things will shift back to at least seeing some kind of wintry weather every other year. Our pattern has been one major storm every 3 years and not much in between. Very frustrating.

yeah ts just been more annoying this winter because everyone said it was gonna be our year and we've had nothing to show for it

Back