• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Alright, TT gotta do something about this. 0 frozen precip for SC or GA outside of mtns
fv3p_asnow_eus_35.png

Got down to 26 degrees this morning!! Winning, except for all the new growth and flowers pushed out by the week of 70s! Weather sucks

Alright, TT gotta do something about this. 0 frozen precip for SC or GA outside of mtns
fv3p_asnow_eus_35.png

This tells the tale. How the model registers snow south of VA outside of the mountains is beyond me. The 0c 850mb line is at the N.C./VA border.
835c752d5288ace8a2496baade65835b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This tells the tale. How the model registers snow south of VA outside of the mountains is beyond me. The 0c 850mb line is at the N.C./VA border.
835c752d5288ace8a2496baade65835b.jpg

The issue is with the algorithm TT uses and not the Fv3 itself. Other sites like Pivotal don't have this issue.

You know what's really a kicker? The Weather Channel can't say the words Chattanooga, Tn.. Apparently, Chattanooga hasn't paid the Weather enough money to be seen on the TWC's maps. I was watching the temps on break and TWC was talking about all the rain ahead and all they could say was "we're expected Severe Flooding in places like Atlanta and Nashville". Heck, Chattanooga going to get more rain than both of those areas combined. The lady was struggling to point out the locations because their map had a bulleye on Chattanooga Tn. I laughed my butt off at them...

Last edited:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded.

I am getting the same message when trying to insert a pix

The issue is with the algorithm TT uses and not the Fv3 itself. Other sites like Pivotal don't have this issue.

I don’t think it’s the website problem itself. The FV3 counts all frozen precipitation as snow. It’s up to websites to adjust that output post-processing with an additional algorithm to realistic outcomes if they’d like. You can see on the NOAA site on the snow depth change that the fake snow is a problem with the FV3 and not TT. TT adds **includes sleet** at the top of the snowfall image to keep people in check.

Back