• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I’m hearing it was solely a personal issue and nothing to do with anything inappropriate with another staff member, so that is good to hear and should reassure some. Unfortunately any hint would be very specific so I’m not willing to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully, he didn’t Bob “swizzlestick” Stokes somebody??

Andy Wood was the greatest on air met in Greenville SC market, since I’ve been here! Even on the forums sometimes!

I wonder who will replace Fishel as chief meteorologist. I'd be willing to guess it would be Mike Maze, but it could be Elizabeth Gardner. They also may hire a new meteorologist since they are down to four now. WRAL has lost Nate Johnson, Mike Moss, and now Fishel in a time span of less than one year. I'd say Fishel was the greatest broadcast meteorologist ever for the RDU area, very sad to see this happen.
It is interesting, as someone else mentioned Fish became very political over the last year or so. Of course so has everything I guess but seemed odd for him, although I don't see that having anything to do with his departure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just speculation but something tells me that Maze may not want that job. I'd personally love to see Nate Johnson come back and take the role.
I just don't get the chance to watch local news and weather much anymore....didn't even realize Mike Moss was gone. What happened to him and Nate? Where are they now any idea?

I just don't get the chance to watch local news and weather much anymore....didn't even realize Mike Moss was gone. What happened to him and Nate? Where are they now any idea?

Moss retired. Nate took a job with NBC

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now will the models be as bad with severe weather as they have been with winter storms? I know the past few years they have advertised severe storms here only for it to bust, and then I got severe storms on days there wasn't even a watch.

Now will the models be as bad with severe weather as they have been with winter storms? I know the past few years they have advertised severe storms here only for it to bust, and then I got severe storms on days there wasn't even a watch.
I can’t tell you how many times over the last 5 years that Middle Tennessee was predicated to have Armageddon type storms only to be some passing t storms. I don’t blame Mets or models as it’s just plain hard to predict winter or severe weather in Middle Tennessee. Now the previous 5-10 years Middle Tennessee had a lot of tornadoes and deadly ones at that. I think just like winter weather seems to come and go in bunches, so does severe weather. We are due more and more as each year passes with no major outbreaks.

Lol CADs will kill our severe storms w/ shear, but we will only get general threats in the summer then get a line of multicellular storms that develops off the mountains then move east over nc/sc producing many severe thunderstorm warnings due to microbursts/small hail, happens every year but gso got unlucky last year

When Yellowstone goes, you can kiss that prediction goodbye.
The geralization in that article alone makes me cringe. For instance, how would a climate like Upstate SC shift 500 miles south when you have the “wedge” factor that an area in florida doesn’t have and has never had? Will the mountains crumble as the climate shifts? Idk maybe I’m being too critical? Isn’t topography a huge driver of climate?

Back