• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I've already got my mind set on Spring and the beach so any Winter weather would a bonus. I'd say this Winter, if it was to end right now the way it's been, which is looking likely, that it's probably the worst Winter ever for my area here in Columbia.

I base that off a couple things.
#1 The hype build up around this Winter
#2 The fact that we didn't even come close around here, not even once.
#3 Basically no sustained cold air, lowest temperature I have hit this year on my PWS is 22.3 degrees.
#4 We have not had a Winter Storm in 5 years which makes a non existent Winter feel even worse.

Normally every Winter we at least have one small event that's enough to make the NWS give a WWA, whether that be for some flurries, maybe a glaze of ZR. I think back in Early Dec, some people saw a flurry mixed in with the rain but that was it but other than that, nothing.. not even close.

Now this is in my recent memory so I would probably say since 2000 if you mix the hype build up coming into this Winter mixed in with the fact we haven't even got close to a hit around here, also being that we have no got hit in 5 years, this Winter has been the worst. Even worse than 2005-2006 and 2011-2012. Both of those Winters, we were coming off active Winters a year or two before and we all know about the Winter of 2010-2011 which was awesome for this area with two hits. So a Winter after that with nothing didn't sting as bad.

Good thing is, is that I rather it be like this than be shafted in all directions like last Winter. Last Winter was the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced weather wise. I've accepted the fate of this Winter. Time to just embrace it and just get ready for the sound of thunder.

Folks getting their hopes up too much over one colder operational GFS run do that at your own risk of later big disappointment. The Euro says the 12z GFS is advancing the cold air much too far. Ignore if you want. That's; why folks get so pissed. Their own fault for falling for it. It has been like this all winter. Go for another fail if you want and whine later..

Folks getting their hopes up too much over one colder operational GFS run do that at your own risk of later big disappointment. The Euro says the 12z GFS is advancing the cold air much too far. Ignore if you want. That's; why folks get so pissed. Their own fault for falling for it. It has been like this all winter. Go for another fail if you want and whine later..
Totally agree. I can't speak for everyone else, but it seems exhausting falling for it over and over again. But I don't think disappointment bothers some people that much on this board. haha but honestly, I am sorta jealous of those people.

The GFS verbatim is laughable itself with snow in the SE and that type of deep layer Bermuda ridge.

Everyone is so snow starved, their minds are loopy.

I’m not worked up at all by these recent snowy runs but I’ve definitely taken notice. I’d rather the models show a possibility then nothing at all. I posted last week that I didn’t think the models looked horrible for the upper south since the cold was never to far away. Living up here for almost 13 years I’d say northern Middle Tennessee has a 50/50 shot at seeing an accumulating snow between now and March 15th. If it doesn’t happen then oh well, but hopefully someone in the southeast scores in the next few weeks.

@Nick_boynton_ Don't hate. Holla when you get that 8"! Don't get me wrong...I still think we have a shot. I don't think a great pattern is coming, though. That's what I mean. :)

Let’s all remember how good the 12z gfs looked cause the 18z won’t look like this
78d375cd77683a7c406271d3eca0c2e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Blealkies guesses...blah blah blah…..translation: all going scorching hot. Good since that takes the pressure off for a good run.
Warm
Warm
Warmer
Torch
Mildly Luke warm!
Doesn’t matter what they forecast, the above will happen!?

Back