• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Don’t think we need to be called out in the main thread, as that seems banterish in itself?? We may be stupid, but gollllley , when our posts disappear, we know who we are!! Thanks

Judah Cohen has zero credibility to me. This is the 3rd year in a row that we've been seeing his tweets I believe. I stopped following after the first year. SSW events are mildly interesting, but their effect on the SE is questionable.
True. Anybody can look at modeled Strat Warming and say “hey maybe cold maybe not somewhere down the line but if it does get cold Europe will see it first.”

Oh no you don't at the ensembles. Actually, it'd be the one time something panned out, as the way it's going, although I looked again and I'd be excited to go there, I will be heading down to Florida and to see the linger lodge (which is mainly for my parents' 25th anniversary) sometime around that time.

Don’t think we need to be called out in the main thread, as that seems banterish in itself?? We may be stupid, but gollllley , when our posts disappear, we know who we are!! Thanks
I may not know how a cloud is formed, what a ridge actually is, or how to spell “trawf?” but I know this winter sucks and I hope Seattle breaks off the CONUS and falls into the Pacific Ocean

If would be a fools errand to think anybody on this entire god foresaken forum sees any kind of substantial frozen precipitation from here on out. Even if the pattern flips and it stops snowing in Seattle we will still have to battle the bigger pattern at play which is heat with transient cold no matter what’s going on at 500. The models suck in the long range because we suck at holding a pattern. It’s hard to predict weather when Mother Nature wants to be 80 one day and 30 the next. It’s the perfect recipe to consistently whiff

Idk why people don't want to take their chances at a Nino, although admittedly , if you could tell me that I'm not going to get snow, I'd probably rather have a dry winter with a Nina. I'll take a shot at a Nino, a real one unless it's beyond moderate and is strong. 09/10 wasn't quite one of my favorite winters because of circumstances with two other winters, but it did produce my favorite type of snow, wet snow that sticks to everything once it starts sticking.

And I'd kinda like to get another snow like that before it's moving time again for me, which I HOPE will be sometime in 2021. I know I didn't dream that snow up.

If would be a fools errand to think anybody on this entire god foresaken forum sees any kind of substantial frozen precipitation from here on out. Even if the pattern flips and it stops snowing in Seattle we will still have to battle the bigger pattern at play which is heat with transient cold no matter what’s going on at 500. The models suck in the long range because we suck at holding a pattern. It’s hard to predict weather when Mother Nature wants to be 80 one day and 30 the next. It’s the perfect recipe to consistently whiff
It sleeted in Simpsonville yesterday!! #WIN!! ?

We need the whammy thread back.... I need to do some serious venting or crying but I'm more mature these days so I'll pray and work my butt off. Just discovered an invisible slow leak under the toilet of my kids bathroom..... guess how I found it? I noticed the toilet was loose except it was loose because the subflooring is rotten and it was sinking into the floor!!! The water has been leaking under the linoleum so it wasn't visible, never a drop of water seeped out where it would have been discovered. Unbelievable..... so this is yet another issue I've had with my home this year thanks to water damage. I still haven't finished the issue with rotten rim joist at back of my house ok I'm done sorry folks, it's just the joys of homeownership

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ooooooooooh, that 18z GEFS
#GOOSEBUMPS
#LOADED
#FAILBOATLAUNCHINGNOW
I see you're back to normal, glad your better..... and don't let the non winter blues send you back to the hospital it's just weather.

A member of a car group I'm in on Facebook took a trip through the NE GA mountains this afternoon and hit a sheet of black ice. Car is totaled, but he's fine. Someone posted saying they saw icicles hanging off of the signs up in that same region and noped outta there.

We need the whammy thread back.... I need to do some serious venting or crying but I'm more mature these days so I'll pray and work my butt off. Just discovered an invisible slow leak under the toilet of my kids bathroom..... guess how I found it? I noticed the toilet was loose except it was loose because the subflooring is rotten and it was sinking into the floor!!! The water has been leaking under the linoleum so it wasn't visible, never a drop of water seeped out where it would have been discovered. Unbelievable..... so this is yet another issue I've had with my home this year thanks to water damage. I still haven't finished the issue with rotten rim joist at back of my house ok I'm done sorry folks, it's just the joys of homeownership

“It’s always something” this is usually my go-to talking point when talking with strangers and trying to find commonality

Sheash, that is a midget list compared to mine.......

Judah Cohen has zero credibility to me. This is the 3rd year in a row that we've been seeing his tweets I believe. I stopped following after the first year. SSW events are mildly interesting, but their effect on the SE is questionable.

Yeah, Ive been hearing of his stuff for years. It started with the snowpack relation to the AO as RC said. I gave Cohen one more shot this year and his ideas failed miserably again. In fact Im still waiting on him to be correct once.

Back