• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

The flu is active year round but when it’s cold we spend more time in dry air homes close together and BAM. Keep your humility around 55% in winter and wash your hands. I don’t even shake hands . I’m a fist pound guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actually can get quite cold in Gainesville. There's usually about a 20º spread in winter; 20º here is often 40º in Orlando ...
But how often does it get cold in Gainesville when its cloudy ? I bet most of the cold nights there have a clear sky.

You can say that about most anywhere. Coldest nights correlate to clear skies.
Yeah but its not unusual to see cloudy skies and temps below freezing in most areas at least once or twice a year. I would be interested to know how often Gainesville has freezing temps with a lot of cloud cover.

actually can get quite cold in Gainesville. There's usually about a 20º spread in winter; 20º here is often 40º in Orlando ...
I remember that... I have a friend who used to live in Ocala, and it would get much cooler there than Orlando.

Yeah but its not unusual to see cloudy skies and temps below freezing in most areas at least once or twice a year. I would be interested to know how often Gainesville has freezing temps with a lot of cloud cover.
I don't know how many days that Gainesville would have freezing temps with cloudy skies, but they only average 15 days with freezing temperatures a year anyway.

I don't know how many days that Gainesville would have freezing temps with cloudy skies, but they only average 15 days with freezing temperatures a year anyway.
I would also be curious to know if Gainesville has ever had a daily high below 32. Im sure it has happened at some point since records began.

I remember that... I have a friend who used to live in Ocala, and it would get much cooler there than Orlando.
... and usually Ocala is 10º or so warmer than Hogtown; there is something about that Prairie that tends to stop cold air, which is why I drew a line in the sand (literally ... LOL) about moving any further south than the north Millhopper area ...

remember too ... 15 is an average; probably 4 or 5 this winter but there have been many with far more than 15 ...

... and usually Ocala is 10º or so warmer than Hogtown; there is something about that Prairie that tends to stop cold air, which is why I drew a line in the sand (literally ... LOL) about moving any further south than the north Millhopper area ...

remember too ... 15 is an average; probably 4 or 5 this winter but there have been many with far more than 15 ...

My wife (who grew up in Montana so she hates cold weather) misses Orlando. I told her if we ever live in Florida again (God forbid), I am not moving south of a St. Augustine to Gainesville to mouth of the Suwanee River line. The weather gets much more miserable, and in general the people get ruder, the farther south you go of that line.

My wife (who grew up in Montana so she hates cold weather) misses Orlando. I told her if we ever live in Florida again (God forbid), I am not moving south of a St. Augustine to Gainesville to mouth of the Suwanee River line. The weather gets much more miserable, and in general the people get ruder, the farther south you go of that line.
Actually i think the weather is probably more miserable in the summer in a place like Gainesville than it would in a place like West Palm Beach. I would imagine in FL the closer to the coast you are the more tolerable the summers are. And on the east coast of FL you probably get a nice breeze most of the summer.

Have you come down with it? I've heard it's pretty bad this year, I don't think I've ever had it and haven't had a flu shot either. Where I work we've had numerous people coming down with it though and I hear some schools have closed for a few days because it's been so bad.

Yep, its been pretty rough. My wife has had a harder time than myself. Im on the down hill side and for me its been more or less a really bad head cold with a high fever, so its definitely not as bad as the Flus Ive had in the past.

Back