• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I've been doing this a long time now but I mean the hype this winter had would draw anyone in :rolleyes:
I keep telling myself "backloaded winter backloaded winter" but it seems like we'd see something by now

The ensembles have kicked me around for the better part of 3 winters and I wonder if it's even longer. Actually probably not as 15/16 was a very meh winter outside of one month and then for the two winters before that I was in another area. And I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have to go back to that area before I'm ready and the reason I'm wondering is not winter related.

My initial thoughts, and still thinking, is there is a chance that NC could see a substantial ice event. Way down to CAE with that track and wedge scenario.. not so much I dont think.

My initial thoughts, and still thinking, is there is a chance that NC could see a substantial ice event. Way down to CAE with that track and wedge scenario.. not so much I dont think.
Any hope here in upstate?

Any hope here in upstate?

If the HP is 1040+ and sitting over NY state or South, maybe.

For the ZR storm, you'd want the Euro to pick it up in the next day or so, of course. It's not going to be "that wrong" within 3-4 days. Want to at least see real hints of it and the ZR close to your back yard..

I know it seems like you want it, until you get it. The amount of ZR that could potentially occur if the FV3's recent runs are right would be a catastrophe because of the winds that follow right behind.
Reality is a hard concept ... ;)

Back