• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I'll probably put my foot in on what the FV3 has been doing if it's still there on Friday and not bumped further back.

But I can't lie, I'll be wondering if it's a trap.

1549414054038.png

But seriously, we need to figure out if we're staying with break out the shorts or if we'll have a chance later. I'm not watching models come out this week, but hopefully the Euro was a blip. We have a split right now. If the GFS is right, turn the lights out on winter for 90% of us, but if the Euro goes back to what it was showing or the EPS is, we could have a chance.

Until later this week though, I'll be giggling like a freaking maniac at times at past posts on another forum that I never posted on, but has history back to 2003. It's that forum that makes me wish there wasn't problems on two others that led to many lost posts. Oh well...

Yoke's on me... I sat through a scorching September and most of October looking forward to our "modoki el nino winter"

Up until today. Minneapolis has only seen 12.6 inches of snow for the season, and biggest one was 2.6” inches! They suck too! We should be able to go ahead of them soon, based on the awesome GFSv3 run!?

FailV3 setting me up for another disappointment on the 18Z run. I've seen that look before. This past December. Need to move that rain/frozen line about 25 - 50 miles to the NW. Not getting sucked in this time.:rolleyes:

View attachment 15049
This site has incredible color scales. Easy on the eyes

I just looped the gfs for the PNW. I might actually die in excitement if we had storm after storm coming like that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It’s coming just like that between Feb 15 and March 15

FailV3 setting me up for another disappointment on the 18Z run. I've seen that look before. This past December. Need to move that rain/frozen line about 25 - 50 miles to the NW. Not getting sucked in this time.:rolleyes:

View attachment 15049
I live in that white spot in east Tennessee, near the big ZERO so take this look to the bank!

Holy hell my total keeps growing !!!! Look at my FV3 modeled snow so far this winter . I’m smashing records
04a23e66a99c5955d0f13d1903973301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I had some good news. But I will say this, I'm waiting to see if I hear back from the place I interviewed for in Atlanta, or if I hear back from the job agency that I simply marched into. I'm giving both two more days, and while I wait, my imagination is going to continue running crazy, as it has since after my birthday last summer. I actually felt like I hit a homer when we went to Atlanta on interviewing, but I'm wondering if you have to hit a grand slam.

Unrelated, this neighborhood did have good news. A couple years ago, there was a dog that I first saw a couple weeks before Thanksgiving that was laying on the side of the road. He looked helpless and as if someone simply abandoned him. None of us wanted to take him in and at first our neighbor said he was going to call the pound to get him. Well that didn't happen and 3 households including us grew attached to him over the years (including the same neighbor). One would take him in during cold nights, but otherwise, we'd let him run free outside of feeding him. There was no issue with that by any of us, but I think a house down the road got tired of him and called animal services. I was confronted by them, and confused by what to say, so they took him. And I was disappointed in my actions in just letting it go.

Well, the neighbors that would let him in during cold nights picked him up a few days after he was taken. And it appears that because of that situation, they'll treat him as a real pet instead of mainly an outdoor pet. Which is great news. :)

There are a lot of food options. It's a popular "lifestyle" versus a quick diet because it works. Not much changes, it's a case where something like bacon turns out to be better to eat for you versus french fries/potatoes.

The internet is full of free resources, youtube videos, and there are a few very good books on Amazon. But overall, yeah you cut the carbs.. limit what carbs you take in daily.. but it's not the "no carb diet" that was so popular.
Last year I decided to go hard on weight loss. I started the day after the Super Bowl. Went with a mainly Keto based approach. Ate a lot of hard boiled eggs and avocados also. Cut out 99% of my sugar intake and didn't eat after 7pm. Starting weight was 280 and by mid May I was at 218. It has been a year now and I'm hanging around 225-230. I've started playing tennis again after a 23 year layoff so maybe I'll get below 220 again. Also I'm 55 yrs old this past month so it's never too late !!!

Back