• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

A vote wouldn’t make a difference. A few poster has taken/abuse the use of this thread. That is why the consideration of it being taken down. So the decision on this thread will be based by only the admin and mods.

One more suggestion... perhaps a poll could be taken giving the user base an option like keeping the thread but with heavier moderation of this thread (no trolling, personal attacks, etc.) and then an option to merge it all in the banter thread? That way you can get a good idea for what the community would prefer. I think heavier moderation of this thread to eliminate any trolling or personal attacks could be a possible option to consider that might work. That way it keeps things separate and eliminates the issue of anyone abusing this thread.

One more suggestion... perhaps a poll could be taken giving the user base an option like keeping the thread but with heavier moderation of this thread (no trolling, personal attacks, etc.) and then an option to merge it all in the banter thread? That way you can get a good idea for what the community would prefer. I think heavier moderation of this thread to eliminate any trolling or personal attacks could be a possible option to consider that might work. That way it keeps things separate and eliminates the issue of anyone abusing this thread.
That's an interesting suggestion. I think the push-back may be that what happens in here has a tendency to transfer over to other parts of the forum. My gut tells me that what happens in here will, at least to some degree, still happen when the thread is gone. All of this eventually probably leads to tighter moderation.

That's an interesting suggestion. I think the push-back may be that what happens in here has a tendency to transfer over to other parts of the forum. My gut tells me that what happens in here will, at least to some degree, still happen when the thread is gone. All of this eventually probably leads to tighter moderation.

That's a good point as well. You all have a tough job here but I hope everyone sees that the mods/admin are doing their best to make this place an enjoyable community and be fair with how things are handled.

Trees are starting to bulb and the grass is starting to green up. I have a feeling a hard freeze will come and kill everything off again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally feel this thread has allowed some to be a bit more bold with their complaining. We've seen more baiting in this thread, arguments, etc so I guess that depends on whether it's something that would be moderated differently if this thread stays or goes. Ever since this thread has opened it has seemed to affect the overall feel of the board with a bit more of a "toxic" influence. I've seen people purposely trolling each other, arguing openly with mods or other members, etc. which I feel this thread allows a lot of and creates problems because of that. I personally would rather all banter stuff go in one thread, I don't mind the complaining but I do hate the trolling and personal attacks that go on. Whether that's solved through a different method to the moderation or eliminating this thread doesn't matter to me.

Exactly how I feel.

If I have to hear about how the “upper south has a chance for wintry weather” I’m gonna scream. None of you will hear me but rest assured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha that's exactly how I feel about the term Midsouth! I scream a lot. :)

Well they need to start playing like it. They suck!! Even my friend that is a cowboys fan says the say thing. Lol.

Jerry Jones is the teams problem. Every game they probably have him on the tv more then the coach. He has his hands in the player personal too much.

That’s why Jimmy Johnson won the 2 Super Bowls because He wouldn’t let Jerry Jones tell him what to do.
I agree. Jerry is a capable owner but a horrible GM. Cowboys are screwed til his son takes over.

Any Euro Weeklies guesses? @Rain Cold , you don't have to post. I've already got you down for alltime record hot temps for all 4 weeks. Good luck!

d8c.gif

Any Euro Weeklies guesses? @Rain Cold , you don't have to post. I've already got you down for alltime record hot temps for all 4 weeks. Good luck!
Thank you! I concur with your prediction of my guess. And seriously, thanks for updating us on these. And the EPS. Very much appreciated!

Back