• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Not trying to single anyone out here specifically. Just quoting some messages that I quickly scanned over and thought needed to be addressed.

This thread is likely toast tomorrow unless people decide to act right. I feel like this thread, at the very least, needs another title. Cliques, while impossible to eliminate, shouldn't be allowed to run around thinking they can get away with anything because of "tenure".

Basically, mods are torn between what is banter and what isn't. One thing they are consistent on is bully type posts, where someone is specifically being called out or trolled. We don't like bullies.

See my response to Larry's post above.

Didn't you specifically change your user title to "banned" to make it seem like we banned you not long ago? We had to let our members know countless times that we hadn't banned you because of that.

In fact, I thought I was going to have to disable to custom user option on our site so nobody else would do it. I could have taken the easy way out and just deleted your custom user title or entire account but I didn't. It would have surely made my life a lot easier to just disable custom user titles to prevent the same problem from happening again, but I didn't want to take the privileges away from the majority of our members.

This isn't an attack on you, but why would you do that?

This thread was made to appease a certain set of members that just couldn't listen or follow the unspoken board rules. They wanted to complain about the computer models in the pattern thread and it was made so they had a place to "whine" about the models specifically.

Obviously, this thread is more popular than our banter thread we have, and that may be a problem. One of them has to go. It seems like with all the trolling in this one, that this may be the one to go since it's causing the most division right now. Maybe it's the title/theory of the thread. We are planning on changing (at the very least) the title around.

Again, you are right Brick. It's not fair. I have personally seen people quote and attack things you say just to rile you up. We don't want that for any member here. I think some people think they can troll you because they know you will complain about it and say something back to them. Some people think trolling is a form of power and they prey on members they can "one up".

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy. You know a lot of what you post is to start problems. You're nice to the mods and stuff when they remove a post from you, warn you, or send you a private message., But lets be real.. you also message other members and try to start drama on here in the threads. Mack, stop tattle-telling on Jimmy!

You are specifally trying to bait/troll Brick here. I know you think its fun to mess with Brick. He's a snow weenie, for real. He loves snow, just like the majority of the board. You know that he will respond and you'll tick him off. This is a huge problem. We put up with a lot of your trollish and snarky posts, but directly mentioning a user by name is not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right but we staff are human, and we have different opinions and ideas about what posts should be moved, deleted, and warned. This thread is becomming toxic.

Anyway, so here is the deal guys. I posted about a month ago in the main threads to get along, stop making things hard, etc. I will be the bad guy if I have to, and do what needs to be done to eliminate the drama around here. I don't want to ban or revoke anyone's posting permissions at all. I also don't want it to look like there are some that get away with things while others don't.

A set of basic rules will go up in the next day or two outlining what we accept and what we don't accept. From there on, blatant disrespect to fellow members, hate speech, "drama starting", and trolling is kaput and will be dealt with immediately.

I can't believe, on a weather forum of all places, that some have to take what is built here and turn it into this. We never, ever, ever wanted to have to impose any kind of rules, bannings, post limitations, user titles, or anything else like that. We are at the point where we are going to have to impose rules for the good of the board as a whole.

I personally enjoy reading everyone's angst, opinions, and knowledge on this board. To the members who know they are walking a line (and you guys definitely know who you are), just stop. Learn about the weather. If you disagree with someone about something, have a healthy debate about it. If you don't understand something, ask. I think we have a good community as a whole. Don't be the rotting apple that spoils the whole bunch.[/QUOTE]
LOL I knew mods could read personal messages! WTH

When there are esoteric El Niño posts flying over my head in the February thread, I can only think that the translation is “winter cancelled”

You know, snow is a cure all. It’s not by accident that this board is in turmoil right now. When it’s 80 degrees and rains most of winter this is what happens. It’s no ones fault

Last edited:
Or if you guys (mods, admins) want this board to be like American where there’s ZERO site traffic when there’s no storm threat...which has been like 95% of this winter. Something to think about as well

We are required to keep logs of everything legally for up to 90 days. I belive our server company does the same.

It's not exactly 90 days, as the nature of the content dictates it.. but we err on the side of caution.

There is no "spying" etc. It's just data from out database that has speciifc keywords (there are riot keywords)... can you believe that Jimmy... you triggered the riot warning dialog with your private messages!

Or if you guys (mods, admins) want this board to be like American where there’s ZERO site traffic when there’s no storm threat...which has been like 95% of this winter. Something to think about as well
You guys can banter all winter long that's fine but even with banter there are limits

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The ignore feature is still available right? If this thread is removed it will just be moved to the friendly banter thread. Like I said yesterday it serves a purpose and if you have thin skin this might not be the best thread to read.
@Brick we all have said warm days lead to snow as a joke to all of us. Stop being so defensive buddy. If we didn’t like you we wouldn’t respond to your post. If you think this place is bad go to a work site with me and you will see every law,code and HR rule broken within the first 10 mins . Boys with be boys and you have to understand that. That’s my last 2 cents on this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can banter all winter long that's fine but even with banter there are limits

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And to add to this, we just want healthy discussion. We never had or even have any intentions to ban or be like american.

The Wambulance thread was a good thing, we are going to have the same issues in this thread or the Feb thread. When you go 10+ weeks in heart of winter with zero snow threats people are going to frustrated. We are all frustrated, it's a been a nightmare winter.

i have been pretty much refrained from posting about the pattern....why?...because I am frustrated. It sucks.

1300m getting trolled like that because of frustration is BS! That person should have been banned for a week for that.

I forgot now a days life is all cake and ice cream and we get to eat both.

Nothing bad ever happens in the world today. All is right. Nothing bad ever happens to anyone anymore.

Oh look the GFS and Euro Both have a southeast board wide snow cover of 6+ inches only 384 hours away....:rolleyes:

The Wambulance thread was a good thing, we are going to have the same issues in this thread or the Feb thread. When you go 10+ weeks in heart of winter with zero snow threats people are going to frustrated. We are all frustrated, it's a been a nightmare winter.

i have been pretty much refrained from posting about the pattern....why?...because I am frustrated. It sucks.

1300m getting trolled like that because of frustration is BS! That person should have been banned for a week for that.

I did not see the post and 1300 didnt respond. What post. Link it to me via pm if you must.
I've beem away this weekend and I tried to read through everything and have obviously missed it.

We are required to keep logs of everything legally for up to 90 days. I belive our server company does the same.

It's not exactly 90 days, as the nature of the content dictates it.. but we err on the side of caution.

There is no "spying" etc. It's just data from out database that has speciifc keywords (there are riot keywords)... can you believe that Jimmy... you triggered the riot warning dialog with your private messages!
I would love to know which message triggered a riot warning lmaooo. Might be in need of an algorithm change like some of our short range weather models!

Ok guys I am sick and tired of this website being compared to the Americanwx website every stinking time there is a arguement in here. Next time someone compares us to Americanwx. You will get warning points. If you love to talk about americanwx. You can stay over there.

Well Jimmy, I vaguely remember the word "start hell" or something. I'd have to go back and look and I'm not in a postion to right now, but I will at a PC if you remind me.

You can probably figure out what is was from that. It involved a cruise ticket and you starting the talk over on this thread bout it to stir ---- up.

I feel like I’m standing in front of an audience of about 150 snow goobers now with my tallywacker hanging out for all to see. Smh not a pretty sight

Back