• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I let that post go because I didn't deem it a personal attack. If you would have reported it or sent one of us a private message, we could have discussed it further. Personally, if we are going to let a post go through that questions the pattern that JB promised, I don't see much difference if 1300 is substituted in for JB.

Please send me a private message. I, for one, miss your insightful posts about the weather. If I can do anything to remedy this, please let me know. We are doing the best we can.
Great slam!

Even though I’ve posted in it some with some silliness, myself, I wouldn’t be upset if this thread were terminated. If it is really leading to the creation of cliques and although it has its positives (like allowing venting), I think the negatives would be more significant than the positives. But if it stays, it stays. And unfortunately, cliques are sort of a bad side of human nature. They’re very hard to avoid. The growth in membership makes it harder to prevent them I think.
If only IMBY were not the focus. The most overused word in the English language is "I" ... :cool:
... followed by "me" and "mine" ...

Yet neither of you have taken the time to actually point out specific examples until now. Why?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That’s kinda missing the point with all due respect. I wanted to only speak in general terms. I don’t run to mods in PM with posts asking folks to be moderated. I was just noticing a trend and decided to bring it up, multiple times.

We’ve been told mods are working in the background and have a list of repeat offenders, if that’s not the case and you need our help id say let me know, but I don’t really care anymore to be honest. But just like today, it’s a problem and it’s here to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I’ve posted in it some with some silliness, myself, I wouldn’t be upset if this thread were terminated. If it is really leading to the creation of cliques and although it has its positives (like allowing venting), I think the negatives would be more significant than the positives. But if it stays, it stays. And unfortunately, cliques are sort of a bad side of human nature. They’re very hard to avoid. The growth in membership makes it harder to prevent them I think.

I’m actually fine with it staying. I know I’ve said get rid of it in the past, but the people calling members by name need to be moderated. Muted for a while, short term ban, whatever. It’s just not the place for it.

Feb 19th, a few tweaks..C5D49223-CBBC-4C7E-8B31-305C54608F4F.png

Not to me. I've been following JB for over 15 years. He's one of the best pattern recognition mets that we've ever had.
Yet a visitor to this site would think @Snowflowxxl is a more respected meteorologist than he is. Can no one see the problem with this?

I’m actually fine with it staying. I know I’ve said get rid of it in the past, but the people calling members by name need to be moderated. Muted for a while, short term ban, whatever. It’s just not the place for it.

I agree, let it stay. It's shown the true colors of 90% of posters on the board and has certainly made my decision on whether to contribute or not extremely easy.

I agree, let it stay. It's shown the true colors of 90% of posters on the board and has certainly made my decision on whether to contribute or not extremely easy.

I was actually right when I said “it was this thread” a few days ago for the reason you’ve been off lol, just remembered that

I hope you keep posting. We have very few pro mets that post and your knowledge and insights make you a valuable poster. I know it isn't easy but try not to let individual posts get to you too much. Even we have our differences of opinion on the crucialness of a -NAO for SE winter storms and it even got heated for a very short time (and it was entertaining to some), but we got by that and sort of let it go at least for now, and neither of us stooped down to name calling or anything juvenile. I thought we kept it pretty classy as we kept it as robust discussion/debating (and it was quite robust).

I feel the same way. The thread was made mainly because of two posters who are obvious trolls but are still allowed to post. Why not just get rid of the trolls and keep the banter thread like it was?

Just a thought, but I don't think we really have any idea what is going to happen

I feel the same way. The thread was made because of really two posters who are obvious trolls but are still allowed to post.

Everyone serves a purpose just like you. This thread serves a purpose. No one is forced to come here and read and post. Like you have side the ignore button is here for a reason.

I hope you keep posting. We have very few pro mets that post and your knowledge and insights make you a valuable poster. I know it isn't easy but try not to let individual posts get to you too much. Even we have our differences of opinion on the crucialness of a -NAO for SE winter storms and it even got heated for a very short time (and it was entertaining to some), but we got by that and sort of let it go at least for now, and neither of us stooped down to name calling or anything juvenile. I thought we kept it pretty classy as we kept it as robust discussion/debating (and it was quite robust).

I agree. The problem is a couple of posters who troll and mainly post sarcastic and snarky posts. Even if they don't call posters out you can tell who the posts are talking about

Everyone serves a purpose just like you. This thread serves a purpose. No one is forced to come here and read and post. Like you have side the ignore button is here for a reason.

But obvious mocking, snark, and general mean spiritedness should not be allowed.

I think RC pointed it out but that is how to make two opposing arguments and do so respectfully. I enjoyed the discourse honestly, and it makes me better when I have to defend my position. Heck, politicians could learn a thing or ten from our debate lol. Thanks again for the kind words and no hard feelings at all on my end. I respect your contributions and think you are one of the most unique posters on the board. Keep it up!

With the posters here, admittedly including me, we're not going to have this forum ever become similar to what eastern was, where then 13 year old me off of vague memories saw it as a forum where the more informative posters, mets or otherwise dominated the conversation and the people more on the hobbyist level or even lower were more lurkers than posters. So I'd let it go...admittedly folks like Chris (even Larry and a few others?) are used to us folks though from previous history online.

I can't lie though, older me appreciates the idea of that board. It was the mecca of weather forums around then because of how it naturally went. Just don't think we can bring that kind of a feel back though.

Back