• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I tried Facepalm February, at the end of January, got deleted with the quickness, I guess optimism wins over reality!? Everybody knew first 2 weeks were toast, now looks like the whole thing will be a complete and udder dumpster fire! Until Marvelous March gets in range!

I tried Facepalm February, at the end of January, got deleted with the quickness, I guess optimism wins over reality!? Everybody knew first 2 weeks were toast, now looks like the whole thing will be a complete and udder dumpster fire! Until Marvelous March gets in range!

The good stuff is waiting for you to finally take your cruise. Would you please go already lmao?

Once upon a time a young lawyer was going to court on a very big case. He had with him a large stack of venerable, brown-bound and very impressive looking law books; so large a stack he could hardly carry and balance them all. On the way to the courthouse he ran in to a seasoned older lawyer ... nice swirls of grey hair and wearing Cary Grant suit. The older lawyer, also going to try a case that day, had only a small folder with a few pages of paper. The older lawyer asked the younger where he was going. The younger lawyer told him he was going to win a lawsuit. The older lawyer asked how strong his case was. The younger lawyer said he had all the law he'd ever need to convince the judge and jury, teetering with that stack of books and grinning. The older lawyer smiled, paused, and then slowly asked the youngster, "You have any facts?"

Younger lawyer lost his case that day.

There's a weather moral in there someplace ... but here's deferring to you ... o_O

Once upon a time a young lawyer was going to court on a very big case. He had with him a large stack of venerable, brown-bound and very impressive looking law books; so large a stack he could hardly carry and balance them all. On the way to the courthouse he ran in to a seasoned older lawyer ... nice swirls of grey hair and wearing Cary Grant suit. The older lawyer, also going to try a case that day, had only a small folder with a few pages of paper. The older lawyer asked the younger where he was going. The younger lawyer told him he was going to win a lawsuit. The older lawyer asked how strong his case was. The younger lawyer said he had all the law he'd ever need to convince the judge and jury, teetering with that stack of books and grinning. The older lawyer smiled, paused, and then slowly asked the youngster, "You have any facts?"

Younger lawyer lost his case that day.

There's a weather moral in there someplace ... but here's deferring to you ... o_O

Should have calling in the Strong Arm or one call that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've talked a fair bit about it, everybody is going to bust on their winter prediction this go around, in fact, the main thing I held hope in was perhaps having a good February again from the start. Now that's not going to happen, and I've done some lurking on the other board and there was one guy (Bob Chill?) that said that if we had based our long range forecasts off how the tropics looked, outside of one area (yeah, my memory is bad so I forgot about the area), it basically didn't look like what you'd expect from a Nino, and it would have potentially led to a different forecast.

So the one thing this semi informed poster is going to wonder about is if persistence forecasting might be the real way to go instead of taking if it's going to be a Nino or Nina and using even recent analogs to base off what the forecast will be.

Ultimately even if you do very well with forecasting in the long range: "Mother Nature is going to do what she will".

The February thread next year shouldn't be "Fab February", it should be "Make Februaries Great Again" (or that should be posted in the subtitle).

So what did all the Mets miss this winter? MJO strength? Climate change? Aliens?

People think they can outthink the climate. We are in a regime where warmth is predominate in our area. It won’t always be that way, but that’s how it is right now.

74 degrees on February 3rd . Fab Feb for the win !!! These backloaded winters are awesome

How many febs out of the last 30 didn't hit 70 at birmingham?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seems you have a lot of issues with our moderation today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back