• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Not bad at all. I broke par for the first time last year (twice!) and I was down to a 3 handicap. I was always a mid/low 80’s guy but my game really took off the last 2 years. I have a 20 month old now so I haven’t had time to play lately.

My goal is to shot par, I was close a few times last year, shot a 74 and Reunion last October which was the last tournament I play and haven’t played in one yet this year. Still practicing. I will start playing real in March, I’ve only played 5 rounds this year. Hoping to get my Hand down to the single digits this year. I also switched to the Taylormade (a) and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s much easier to get a strong Bermuda high locked in before a winter storm than a strong high near the Lakes or northeast.

I thought the gfs and FV3 were locked in on the winter storms . I guess the ensembles were right .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this time. But they were wrong for this week. So maybe they all suck. Not sure what your point is except to be petty.

They refer to East Coast Storms (significant and major), which are much more relevant to the NE US than the SE US although a place like RDU can get some benefits. These are mainly referring to nor’easters off the MidAtlantic/NE, which rarely correlates to a major winter storm at a place like Charlotte, GSP, ATL, or Birm unless it starts as a Gulf Miller A.

Edit: DT same up with those terms and I think they're good mainly for the MidAtlantic north. But they're not "official" terms.

Last edited:
Lol I saw dying congested cumulus this morning, just a precursor that Im missing all the summertime T-storms later this year

Lol I saw dying congested cumulus this morning, just a precursor that Im missing all the summertime T-storms later this year

CAD definitely is in effect today. It's in the 60s but there was a stiff NE breeze. Actually think it was yesterday too, marched outside without a sweatshirt on since I got warm the other day in one and it was almost a mistake.

CAD definitely is in effect today. It's in the 60s but there was a stiff NE breeze. Actually think it was yesterday too, marched outside without a sweatshirt on since I got warm the other day in one and it was almost a mistake.

Speaking of that NE wind, you just got me to notice there actually is a very light wind coming from the NE, probably why convective cumulus suddenly died lol

Back