• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I’m seeing a lot of misinformation on Facebook today. PV split is caused by a SSWE which is a natural occurring phenomenon correct? How is a PV split related to AGW? What’s the angle here?

Kinda think if that first storm works out, it's going to be like December 2017. So this thread will get plenty of usage over that. My want? If it works, for it to be even further north than that to be honest, to be an even bigger success for La Fayette, GA.

Kinda think if that first storm works out, it's going to be like December 2017. So this thread will get plenty of usage over that. My want? If it works, for it to be even further north than that to be honest, to be an even bigger success for La Fayette, GA.
The December 2017 redux is coming in March. March 1960 for the win, don't you remember? :)

I’m in one of those situations where I just want to get to spring but I’m also desperate for winter weather that I’m on the verge of wanting the ice storm ?
We're going to reach the point where we get so desperate to have snow in our yards, we will paint a turd white and throw it in the yard. Please wear gloves if you do so, however

GFS sucked but no worries. FailV3/JMA/NAVGEM combo will take us to the promised land

Not necessarily, it may not work out but it’s definitely an overrunning set up, there’s no moisture with the front.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_31.png
Lol looks like a ice storm or cold rain
definately not snow. I can already hear my gutters running

Looks like Seattle is going to get a good snow.....
Nelson - Old Man Winter
Martin Prince - Me

Seattle getting snow meanwhile I'll be in the 70s at the same time with not a single snowflake to show for it. I've been fooled and humiliated twice so far this Winter. Old Man Winter has a sick sense of humor. Too bad I don't share the same taste in humor. FML

Seems like the ones that complain the most are the ones who stay up for these late runs every night lol. We put in a lot of effort just to see dumpster fire returns. We go sleep deprived for 40 degree rain and 1 day cold fronts!

Oy vey to the heavens if I'm correct at what I'm looking at on the FV3. 2/12/14 all over again? And it's not just one random appearance either. The idea of an ice storm has been on there for several runs in a row now. It could be wrong for those several runs, but all of y'all have been talking about how the pattern looks like ice if there is a storm.

(Including going up the coast and crushing the MA too?)

Back