• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

With winter “back”, I bet a good # of folks will be up with the King tonight!

Why is everyone running from a good ice storm ??? Damn some of my best winter storm memories were ice storms in the 90s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't all live in neighborhoods, so we have lots of trees out in the country ;)

Ask @dsaur about his brutal ice storm experience.

Why is everyone running from a good ice storm ??? Damn some of my best winter storm memories were ice storms in the 90s

You did not have a wife, a kid, one on the way, a mortgage, a house, a ... go further?

Deep down they want it. Just scared to admit it. Because of some weird thing “I be bad if I like ice storm” thing.
I would love a ice storm. ????

Deep down they want it. Just scared to admit it. Because of some weird thing “I be bad if I like ice storm” thing.
I would love a ice storm. ????

Nope. Really don't want it. I have a massive pecan tree with a limb right over my house that I don't want coming down.

I would love a ice storm.

I would take it in a heartbeat but I also live in a neighborhood with no trees under ground utilities and a build in generator. I would be ok as long as I had enough gas and firewood.

Lol id rather repeat the sting jet I got from Michael than a zr storm like that,
Now sleet is different I don’t mind a sleet storm

I hope I get another one like 3 Saturdays ago! It was incredible! Roof collapsing accums at 36 degrees! Models always underestimate the wedge! SMFH

Have a serious question. Why do some Mets say “rain mixing with freezing rain” ? It can’t be both can it? Unless you’re teetering back and forth between 32-33?

I have little to no interest in significant icing because unless the power company for the southern part of this county has improved in 5 years, if it's pretty massive, the power could well be gone for near a week. I wouldn't mind some (but my "some" might be quite a bit) but as I said, if this time period turns to reality and it's above 0.75" (that might even be pushing it), I'm leaving town (it'd at least be what I'd want to do).

And my mom would probably agree with me. My idea could well just lead to all of us hopping in the car and driving away.

I might start it just bc you guys don't want to

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, because whatever happens depends in when the storm thread is started. I never understood why some are so hung up on when it is started.

Back