• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I got ya. I’d like to move on too and I had no ill will to you, just frustrated at the posts in here sometimes. I’ll just stick to the other thread, it’s not worth my time and I hope you choose not to ignore me! And thanks for following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Na man, were good

I have been defending mets today. I blamed the models for this bust.
The models were consistent days prior. There was some snow, but nothing like what the models showed. This shows that you can't always put trust in the models, and that things can change within minutes/hours.

Agree 100 percent. It could get ugly quick.
I don't think it would get ugly. Its just that TW to this site isn't an apples to apples comparison.

As for this thread I personally don't think it's that bad and gives people a place to go if they choose to complain. I do though can see how it could be taken in the wrong context. Im indifferent toward the fate of the thread but i do believe if we take this thread away then we will have to moderate the main threads tightly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Of course looking at the models makes me want to come back up to run across the field to pick up winter again, but I think I'll go get some water first and walk there instead. Models are getting my attention but I still think there isn't hope for any snow here. Call me a quitter, but I feel it's headed that way.

As a "new" person, former TW, this thread was the reason I felt like I could get good info and conversation about the current weather. I was often hand-slapped in TW for banter in the main threads, and I totally get that. My fluency in sarcasm gets me in trouble.

There's no question that those of us in the deep south have a lot of emotions about winter weather and I used this thread to commiserate during the epic fail yesterday. Misery, laughter, and snark love company. The meme section alone made me laugh. It takes a thick skin to deal with some of the back and forth, but again...I'll never meet any of you in this lifetime. Too many of you are from the Carolinas. ;-) And according to one smartass, I'm old. So...I'll forget most of this tomorrow.

The Banter thread is about everything. This one seems to crossover some but it's mainly commiserating on the current weather situation and I am glad it's here.

TL;DR version. Keep the thread. Keep the personal attacks in your own backyard. Make me laugh. This winter sucks. Southerners love winter.

I don't think it would get ugly. Its just that TW to this site isn't an apples to apples comparison.

As for this thread I personally don't think it's that bad and gives people a place to go if they choose to complain. I do though can see how it could be taken in the wrong context. Im indifferent toward the fate of the thread but i do believe if we take this thread away then we will have to moderate the main threads tightly.

I'm not making an apples to apples site wise comparison. I'm comparing discussion wise. We all could debate everything weather related in one thread.

I agree completely with Jon in the aspect that this thread is allowing sides to be formed and thus ignored on any thread by those with disagreeing with them.

It also looks bad to any new members who click on this thread to see a warm 384hr GFS runs posted with the caption "Woo torch!". It would be as crazy to have a Refigerator thread where all is posted is the CMC with its massive phoney cold outbreaks.

If you want to gripe, there is already a banter thread. As much as I am pro banter, I wouldn't be against more moderation in this aspect. Just my two cents.

Of course looking at the models makes me want to come back up to run across the field to pick up winter again, but I think I'll go get some water first and walk there instead. Models are getting my attention but I still think there isn't hope for any snow here. Call me a quitter, but I feel it's headed that way.

I'm with you on this one. I'll raise my heartbeat when those models get within 24 hours. Then I will have only wasted 24 hours of my life instead of 4 days.

Who's starting the thread for the 8th??? o_O

giphy.gif

I'm not making an apples to apples site wise comparison. I'm comparing discussion wise. We all could debate everything weather related in one thread.

I agree completely with Jon in the aspect that this thread is allowing sides to be formed and thus ignored on any thread by those with disagreeing with them.

It also looks bad to any new members who click on this thread to see a warm 384hr GFS runs posted with the caption "Woo torch!". It would be as crazy to have a Refigerator thread where all is posted is the CMC with its massive phoney cold outbreaks.

If you want to gripe, there is already a banter thread. As much as I am pro banter, I wouldn't be against more moderation in this aspect. Just my two cents.
I would be willing to bet that taking the entire site into consideration, out of 100 potential new members, 95 of them would not be deterred from signing up because this thread is active on the forum. The flip side is that if it were not here and venting was done in the main thread, the net result would be the same, and by necessity, the moderation would become really tight. My guess is, that would deter far more new member sign-ups and probably alienate quite a few current members.

There are always going to be groups of people within a community who migrate together. That's a byproduct of humanity. You can't moderate it away or force it not to happen. Delete the thread. It's still going to exist. The difference with this site is, you don't have a staff that participates in or encourages cliques and tries to stifle certain points of view or posters whose opinions they don't really care for. As has been said many times, there is an active attempt to restrain moderation and allow discussions.

Over 40 cars involved in a wreck in PA. Northerners should never talk about how southerners drive in the snow.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/multiple-vehicles-crash-in-snow-on-route-222-in-berks/995625063

I don't know there's wrecks here with the threat of snow and obviously we saw what happened a few years back across the SE with surprise snow. I'd bet that if we had true whiteout conditions on an interstate while people were commuting it would be just as bad. But when it snows here everybody goes home. In the NE most people still have to work.

It defitnely been used a lot.. I hate for it to go away now. Lol.

My winds are Southerly somehow today!? Just keep winning, even at cold!

Back