• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

It's probably better if you don't assume things, Jon. You don't know what I am thinking. I actually support and follow you a lot on twitter. You need to relax, along with anyone else on here that is above average when it comes to having knowledge on the weather that wants to get offended when someone with average knowledge says something you don't like. We may not have all the answers to back up what we think that will satisfy you, but we can offer what we think. I come on here provide my input and learn just like everyone else. Cold rain created this area for people to complain, and that's exactly what I am doing, cause I can. Whatever you are talking about in regards in calling posters out, idk what youre talking about. I saw you post on twitter about what the euro says, and I am saying who cares what day 10 euro says. Because what has day 10 ever done to us this Winter? Besides verify with the historic cold in the UPPER MIDWEST not the SOUTHEAST.

I might not can give you some explanation on why the Euro day 10 cold won't come, but I can easily say based off recent history, recent as in the last few weeks, that nothing around day 10 has been verifying much.

Last thing, if I wanted to call you out and challenge your thoughts, I would of already.

I didn’t say anything about people not knowing anything or having enough answers to back up an opinion to satisfy me, I have never even suggested such a thing. I just want a discussion that’s all. I don’t care who joins in.

Sorry you felt attacked here by my quoting you, in hindsight it wasn’t the way to go.

I just don’t want “cliques” to form here as they did on the other forum, we are separating into groups. Everyone by know clearly knows the heat misers, and I was hoping to avoid that. But as long as this thread exists we won’t be able to get past it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we didn't have this thread the same stuff would happen in the main/storm threads. Just here, people can vent/banter and it doesn't clutter up the storm/main threads.

The birth of this thread was the best thing thats occurred this winter.

True, but if I were looking at a forum to join, I wouldn't join one where the biggest thread was a bunch of people whining and griping at each other. It just looks bad. We never ever needed one of these on TW.

I have Jon on ignore because of his crappy attitude. I suggest you do the same.
I have done absolutely nothing to you, and I also apologized for assuming you were a guy when you corrected me and said you were female. Im a very nice guy and just want people to get along.

It’s sad you feel the need to suggest posters block me. That shouldn’t be allowed on the forum (publicly telling posters to block other posters, as if it’s an agenda). Should we all list users we have on ignore for personal preference? That will make those folks feel so welcome!

I didn’t say anything about people not knowing anything or having enough answers to back up an opinion to satisfy me, I have never even suggested such a thing. I just want a discussion that’s all. I don’t care who joins in.

Sorry you felt attacked here by my quoting you, in hindsight it wasn’t the way to go.

I just don’t want “cliques” to form here as they did on the other forum, we are separating into groups. Everyone by know clearly knows the heat misers, and I was hoping to avoid that. But as long as this thread exists we won’t be able to get past it.

Too bad I can't like this more than once.

I think this thread needs to go.

I’ve said it from day one it’s ruining this forum. Mods are working in the background on it, but no dice. Until then, it’s clique city. Everyone get in your groups!

True, but if I were looking at a forum to join, I wouldn't join one where the biggest thread was a bunch of people whining and griping at each other. It just looks bad. We never ever needed one of these on TW.

What is TW? Is that a more popular weather forum than this?

You were the second person to assume that I meant Winter was over. That wasn't what I meant. And trust me, I don't disagree with anything you say, I'm pulling for what you are saying and demonstrating and learning along the way.

I simply was just saying that personally, I am not excited about what day 10 shows as far as the cold coming back. No, I can't base that off anything man, just the fact that nothing has been going right in that range lately

Honestly, I'd just like to move on from this. Like I said, I follow your page on twitter and love what you post for the Carolina's.

Reactions: Jon
You were the second person to assume that I meant Winter was over. That wasn't what I meant. And trust me, I don't disagree with anything you say, I'm pulling for what you are saying and demonstrating and learning along the way.

I simply was just saying that personally, I am not excited about what day 10 shows as far as the cold coming back. No, I can't base that off anything man, just the fact that nothing has been going right in that range lately

Honestly, I'd just like to move on from this. Like I said, I follow your page on twitter and love what you post for the Carolina's.
I got ya. I’d like to move on too and I had no ill will to you, just frustrated at the posts in here sometimes. I’ll just stick to the other thread, it’s not worth my time and I hope you choose not to ignore me! And thanks for following.

Talk Weather. And there is no SE weather forum more popular than this!

This thread is great. Just as much as it aggravates some people that there is a group that's consistently optimistic that cold is around the corner and the models are all wrong when showing warmth..there are others that get aggravated when warmth is discussed. That's not going away if you remove this thread...the people that don't like to discuss warmth want this thread gone because they know they can try and control it in the main/storm threads.

Attacking people shouldn't be tolerated, should be some repercussions for that. That has been and will always be a problem whether this thread exists.

VKfvyut.gif

If this thread wasn’t here, where would we go
to talk about the rain and heat we’ve been getting? No one likes to talk about reality in the main thread. We either get in line and talk about fantasy land snow and cold or we get blasted for bittercasting. Some want it both ways and that’s just not doable

Talkweather. That is where the core of us is from. When it went down the guys here started this forum up which to me is more or less the true incarnation. Talkweather now is pretty much dead IMO.

Whereas I agree that the starters of this forum are mainly from TW and this forum replaced TW when it went dormant, I'd say the core of the current active posters is actually from a combo of TW and AmericanWx….maybe more from American. I was with American before TW by the way.

I like everyone on here, even the ones I don’t like. Again 99% of us will never meet in person so you should never get to the point of anger, ignore someone if you want but I would say just let it go, this isn’t real life . This is fantasy and we are all apart of it. Jimmy and Tarfeathers BS 99% of the time and it’s funny, just lighten up and don’t take everything so seriously. This thread isn’t made to be serious. We all need a good ribbing every now and then, it’s keeps you young. Hell I even like Brick even though he drives me crazy with the stuff he shoots out.

If this thread wasn’t here, where would we go
to talk about the rain and heat we’ve been getting? No one likes to talk about reality in the main thread. We either get in line and talk about fantasy land snow and cold or we get blasted for bittercasting. Some want it both ways and that’s just not doable

That's just it...it really drives some people crazy if someone thinks it may be warm rest of winter without snow. Essentially the storm/main thread has blackballed discussion of warmth and we have to do that in here. This is our happy place.

Whereas I agree that the starters of this forum are mainly from TW and this forum replaced TW when it went dormant, I'd say the core of the current active posters is actually from a combo of TW and AmericanWx….maybe more from American. I was with American before TW by the way.

Yeah, but we at TW stole some of you from AW and made you part of us. :cool:

I have my thoughts here but ill be quiet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back