• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I said about a week before, just like it was with the December storm. It's more about folks getting worried about it warming up, when actually we have had some of our biggest storms here when it did warm up above normal about a week out. All I was trying to say is I believe that type of back and forth pattern is better for winter storms here than a pattern of sustained cold that it seems most people want for some reason. But then I was mocked by a mod for it.

It's not better for winter storms, but I get your point. We don't need sustained cold to get winter storms. I bet there are a good number of winter storms where 7-10 days out we were very warm. It's tough for the SE to get sustained cold, especially in recent winters.

Yeah. Yeah like that one time when it was hot but then it wasn’t because it snowed. Yeah
This is kind of a silly argument. Yes, it can be warm today then a week from now we get snow....if the pattern supports it. By your argument we should have had snow every day the past 6 weeks as its been well above normal.

Well above normal? It's been 70 degrees or more lately? My argument actually is that a back and forth pattern of warm ups and then sharp cool downs is better for getting winter storms here than a pattern of sustained cold.

It's not better for winter storms, but I get your point. We don't need sustained cold to get winter storms. I bet there are a good number of winter storms where 7-10 days out we were very warm. It's tough for the SE to get sustained cold, especially in recent winters.

Yes, but it seems for some reason sustained cold is what people are looking for and think we need to get a good winter storm here, when I believe it is actually the opposite.

Everyone saying “told you Winter isn’t over” cause of day 10 cold on the Euro.. I mean, haven’t we learned our lesson? Who cares what day 10 shows.
What lesson?

This thread LOSES ITS DAMN MIND when it shows heat Day 15 and your hot take is don’t believe the cold Day 10? When both models are showing 1050mb highs diving into the CONUS, it’s not a warm pattern. Winter isn’t over.

It’s probably a better practice to quote the posts you disagree with in the pattern thread and state your logic for productive discussion instead of ambiguously calling posters out, which people love to do here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were me I would just put that poster on ignore and if I felt like a mod was wrong with how they handled something I would PM them about it and express my concerns privately. I had a poster just last week that was continually trying to stir things up and put them on ignore so I wouldn't have to keep seeing their posts anymore.

Problem is if you put any poster on your ignore list and he/she starts a storm thread you can't see it.

I mean in Robert’s defense, 15 day heat is much more likely to verify than 10 day cold. That’s the world we live in. This winter hasn’t proved to have anything more than transient cold shots with mostly AN wedged in between. Even if the Euro etc.. is right about day 10 cold I’d be willing to bet it won’t have any staying power. None of this is to say we won’t have any more snow chances for the rest of winter, we most certainly will, but I’d be willing to bet February finishes + in the temperature department

Well that can be fixed. Where only mods or main admin will open new threads.
I have absolutely no problem with that. That's probably how it should be anyway. I would use the ignore feature and not worry about missing a storm thread. As it stands right now I am afraid to use it and miss out on a good thread.

I mean in Robert’s defense, 15 day heat is much more likely to verify than 10 day cold. That’s the world we live in. This winter hasn’t proved to have anything more than transient cold shots with mostly AN wedged in between. Even if the Euro etc.. is right about day 10 cold I’d be willing to bet it won’t have any staying power. None of this is to say we won’t have any more snow chances for the rest of winter, we most certainly will, but I’d be willing to bet February finishes + in the temperature department

If he made a reply or post in the feb thread to the specific poster, it would give that poster an opportunity to respond.

But to your point, finishing normal in feb would be huge, there’s no disagreement with how warm it’s been.

Meh...this delivered the MA 2 winter storms, 1 big. Need to shuffle this up. Would be funny if the MA went nuts in Feb again, would be another great winter for them.

3AA3CE11-794B-46BD-9277-08E7746A5008.gif

Christmas 2010 would easily be my favorite one (La Fayette, GA) but because of obvious reasons, it wasn't. So I'll go in a different direction given things and say 1/28/14 was my favorite, which I've already talked about a few times. It would not have been though if I was one of those people stuck in traffic.

Not the biggest snow event I've experienced but everything surrounding that event was crazy. At one point at my location then I was at 19 with snow. Earlier in the event I'd slip and fall because the road behind the dorms was already turning into ice. Watching a little bit of blowing snow in the morning when I went to grab something for breakfast, then watching a truck struggle to move for a few minutes on an ice skating rink caliber road that I had to shuffle down.

Actually to go even further, 13/14 is easily my favorite winter, but it would not have been if I was down at home. My parents did get snow, oh yes (my dad actually measured 2" with the first winter storm), but the ice storm was just a total nuisance for them, and it was for my friend too.
Hey, what website link do you use for the direct government maps for the FV3?

What lesson?

This thread LOSES ITS DAMN MIND when it shows heat Day 15 and your hot take is don’t believe the cold Day 10? When both models are showing 1050mb highs diving into the CONUS, it’s not a warm pattern. Winter isn’t over.

It’s probably a better practice to quote the posts you disagree with in the pattern thread and state your logic for productive discussion instead of ambiguously calling posters out, which people love to do here.

It's probably better if you don't assume things, Jon. You don't know what I am thinking. I actually support and follow you a lot on twitter. You need to relax, along with anyone else on here that is above average when it comes to having knowledge on the weather that wants to get offended when someone with average knowledge says something you don't like. We may not have all the answers to back up what we think that will satisfy you, but we can offer what we think. I come on here provide my input and learn just like everyone else. Rain cold created this area for people to complain, and that's exactly what I am doing, cause I can. Whatever you are talking about in regards in calling posters out, idk what youre talking about. I saw you post on twitter about what the euro says, and I am saying who cares what day 10 euro says. Because what has day 10 ever done to us this Winter? Besides verify with the historic cold in the UPPER MIDWEST not the SOUTHEAST.

I might not can give you some explanation on why the Euro day 10 cold won't come, but I can easily say based off recent history, recent as in the last few weeks, that nothing around day 10 has been verifying much.

Last thing, if I wanted to call you out and challenge your thoughts, I would of already.

Last edited:
It's probably better if you don't assume things, Jon. You don't know what I am thinking. I actually support and follow you a lot on twitter. You need to relax, along with anyone else on here that is above average when it comes to having knowledge on the weather that wants to get offended when someone with average knowledge says something you don't like. We may not have all the answers to back up what we think that will satisfy you, but we can offer what we think. I come on here provide my input and learn just like everyone else. Cold rain created this area for people to complain, and that's exactly what I am doing, cause I can. Whatever you are talking about in regards in calling posters out, idk what youre talking about. I saw you post on twitter about what the euro says, and I am saying who cares what day 10 euro says. Because what has day 10 ever done to us this Winter? Besides verify with the historic cold in the UPPER MIDWEST not the SOUTHEAST.

I might not can give you some explanation on why the Euro day 10 cold won't come, but I can easily say based off recent history, recent as in the last few weeks, that nothing around day 10 has been verifying much.

Last thing, if I wanted to call you out and challenge your thoughts, I would of already.
I have Jon on ignore because of his crappy attitude. I suggest you do the same.

Back