• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

You call posters out all the time. And moreover, you insinuate and infer things quite frequently. Go back and look through your posts if you want examples. You'll also find a lot of complaints about moderation and posters being allowed to stay here, etc. The posts are still there. Not deleted. Not overmoderated. Not treated unfairly.

Please tell me who I called out and made fun of like you did with me about the 70 post.

It’s only one guy with issues 24/7 now that 1300 is gone/ only watching and making his list. Can we vote on this one too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have missed something, what happened to 1300m this time?

Regardless of who is on the board I find the ignore feature is very effective if someone is aggravating... I've used it a time or two for a brief amount of time and it was great.

It's going to be 73 degrees for me early next week I'm sure that means snow is following a week after *fp*.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works at all. ****, even if I was more casual I wouldn't be going on about that tendency simply because I know I didn't when I was a teen, and there was times in which I didn't really post much at all if it was on the warmer side. I have been more now for severe and the tropical season (the latter if I find it needed).

I've been friendly before in describing too, and I'll say what I basically said then too. Pattern transitioning may LEAD to the possibility of it being 70+ before a winter storm, but it being 70+ is not a tendency you MUST look for.

Regardless of who is on the board I find the ignore feature is very effective if someone is aggravating... I've used it a time or two for a brief amount of time and it was great.

Yea I don’t use it. I like to see the stupid crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1300m was not banned. He banned himself in the signature section.

It's going to be 73 degrees for me early next week I'm sure that means snow is following a week after *fp*.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works at all. ****, even if I was more casual I wouldn't be going on about that tendency simply because I know I didn't when I was a teen, and there was times in which I didn't really post much at all if it was on the warmer side. I have been more now for severe and the tropical season (the latter if I find it needed).

I've been friendly before in describing too, and I'll say what I basically said then too. Pattern transitioning may LEAD to the possibility of it being 70+ before a winter storm, but it being 70+ is not a tendency you MUST look for.

I don't think it is something you must look for, either. I do believe, however, that for my area in NC we seem to have greater chances for winter storms here, especially big ones, when the pattern is more back and forth than even when we have a sustained period of really cold temps.

Here's my 2 cents worth while we are on this topic...

If you have an issue with the mods or a certain one, PM them about it and work it out in private. People don't care about you arguing publicly with them and it's not the proper place to do it... show some respect.

If you have an issue with a poster, either use the ignore feature or just step away from the discussion and let it go.

Ano

1. The following big SE storms didn’t have a -NAO: 2/1973, 3/1980, 3/1983, 1/1988, 3/1993, & 3/2009. These are just the ones off the top of my head as there are 4-5 others.

2. From what I’ve recently learned, there can be strong Greenland blocking and the NAO be near neutral. I think that’s what’s going on in recent days of model runs. So, just because the NAO is neutral doesn’t mean that there isn’t a strong Greenland block, which is really what we’re looking for.

But I bet those storms listed did have a +PNA with an eastern trough right?. I'd guess it's extremely rare to have to have a SE winter storm with a -PNA/+NAO combo.

If we have a western trough I'd think we'd need a solidly -NAO with a 50/50 low producing confluence to suppress the flow south of us. With the western trough forecasted long range, the SE ridge is shown hanging tough. And the ridging over greenland is there, but not with negative anomalies over SE Canada to get a true -NAO. Hopefully it'll evolve to that.

Here's my 2 cents worth while we are on this topic...

If you have an issue with the mods or a certain one, PM them about it and work it out in private. People don't care about you arguing publicly with them and it's not the proper place to do it... show some respect.

If you have an issue with a poster, either use the ignore feature or just step away from the discussion and let it go.

Okay. I just don't think it is cool for posters to openly mock what someone else says, especially for a mod to do it. You can disagree with it, but there is a difference in making fun of what someone said.

Okay. I just don't think it is cool for posters to openly mock what someone else says, especially for a mod to do it. You can disagree with it, but there is a difference in making fun of what someone said.

If it were me I would just put that poster on ignore and if I felt like a mod was wrong with how they handled something I would PM them about it and express my concerns privately. I had a poster just last week that was continually trying to stir things up and put them on ignore so I wouldn't have to keep seeing their posts anymore.

2010 was the last year we had any true snow. It's been going on 9 years this coming December.
2014's ice/sleet fest doesn't count to me.
I learned a lot off that 2014 storm. But yeh, it's definitely been since 2010 since the last true all snowstorm.

These are the 2m temps 5 days out from several of Raleigh recent winter storms. I imagine there are some winter storms where it was 70F 2 or 3 days before a big snow event.

compday.VmTQF0bmHX.gif

These are the 2m temps 5 days out from several of Raleigh recent winter storms. I imagine there are some winter storms where it was 70F 2 or 3 days before a big snow event.

View attachment 14387

I said about a week before, just like it was with the December storm. It's more about folks getting worried about it warming up, when actually we have had some of our biggest storms here when it did warm up above normal about a week out. All I was trying to say is I believe that type of back and forth pattern is better for winter storms here than a pattern of sustained cold that it seems most people want for some reason. But then I was mocked by a mod for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
From afar ... It is simply amazing what a lack of snow does to he temperament and psyche of some folks ... it's a wonder I'm not in a ward someplace given the comparison ... o_O

Back