• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna share a PM from Jon, just to say a public "Thank you" to him (@Jon), and so many more of y'all who care about folks who are not back yard neighbors; it's heartwarming ...

View attachment 9277
That means per that ensemble suite, you have a 2% chance of snow, and it's only 1080 hours out! Time to buy a shovel, right? ;) I would save that image and hang it up on the wall of best fantasy snows.

That means per that ensemble suite, you have a 2% chance of snow, and it's only 1080 hours out! Time to buy a shovel, right? ;) I would save that image and hang it up on the wall of best fantasy snows.
Actually, I'd prefer to frame and hang up the message from Jon ... more genuine than a 1080 map, for sure ... ;)

Seriously don't understand the people on complaining cold wise. I'll be worried if we can't get into a pattern change by January but we're not going to stay cold all winter, and outside of studying streams with snow, 40s with it being gray and damp was miserable. This normal weather has been nice.

I'd like a snowstorm but it's not time to cliff jump.

My throat has been scratchy since late this afternoon. :( But I have a good reason for why it would be, I went and interviewed in a major hospital. May have picked up something.

Last edited:
Seriously don't understand the people on complaining cold wise. I'll be worried if we can't get into a pattern change by January but we're not going to stay cold all winter, and outside of studying streams with snow, 40s with it being gray and damp was miserable. This normal weather has been nice.

I'd like a snowstorm but it's not time to cliff jump.
It's all because of the SER showing up for a short time later this month and people think it always stays around for months, when in reality it can be here for weeks to days, and this case the models currently advise at 10 days away only a few days anyway. For what is supposed to be a warm December, this is going quite well and I'm excited for what January will bring since that's when we down here are favored anyway.

It's all because of the SER showing up for a short time later this month and people think it always stays around for months, when in reality it can be here for weeks to days, and this case the models currently advise at 10 days away only a few days anyway. For what is supposed to be a warm December, this is going quite well and I'm excited for what January will bring since that's when we down here are favored anyway.

The temps are right about average. I’m totally happy with that (especially when it’s not raining). Torchmas a few years ago was no bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cam is just not a great passer. But that wasn't the problem last night. There were waaaaay too many critical mistakes. Just unbelievable mistakes. PIs, Fumbles on a 400 yard run, INTs in the end zone, etc. Good grief. I don't follow the Panthers as fervently as some of you guys do, but I feel like since they tried to make Cam a pocket passer a few years ago, he just lost something. I mean, you can't run for it every single play, but it doesn't feel to me like he's being used as best he could be.

Gonna share a PM from Jon, just to say a public "Thank you" to him (@Jon), and so many more of y'all who care about folks who are not back yard neighbors; it's heartwarming ...

View attachment 9277

I’m wild guessing this fantasy is from the very rare setup of a weak surface low moving NE over far S FL along a stationary front to the SE of a sprawling 1040++ mb Arctic high centered over the Midwest moving E resulting in very cold N winds over N FL being overrun by moist WSW 500 mb flow.

Cam is just not a great passer. But that wasn't the problem last night. There were waaaaay too many critical mistakes. Just unbelievable mistakes. PIs, Fumbles on a 400 yard run, INTs in the end zone, etc. Good grief. I don't follow the Panthers as fervently as some of you guys do, but I feel like since they tried to make Cam a pocket passer a few years ago, he just lost something. I mean, you can't run for it every single play, but it doesn't feel to me like he's being used as best he could be.

Cam was horrid last night. I'm not the biggest fan of Cam generally, but he's serviceable as a passer when healthy. Last night though he was not right. His shoulder is really hurting right now. Every throw looked painful. He couldn't throw it further than 5 yards. 1:30 left in the game, and all we need is a field goal and he's dumping down passes...in the middle of the field for 4 yards....with no time outs! So frustrating. He shouldn't have been out there at all IMO. Him playing was detrimental to the team. No matter how bad our back up is, he couldn't have been worse than how Cam played. That's on the coach for not getting him out of there and making him sit. I'm afraid Rivera's job is in question with that debacle last night. Yes bad turnovers at bad times didn't help either, but our offense was just non-existent because our quarterback was not well.

Kudos to the defense though, wow they played great. If Cam was his normal self, we win that game last night easy.

Cam was horrid last night. I'm not the biggest fan of Cam generally, but he's serviceable as a passer when healthy. Last night though he was not right. His shoulder is really hurting right now. Every throw looked painful. He couldn't throw it further than 5 yards. 1:30 left in the game, and all we need is a field goal and he's dumping down passes...in the middle of the field for 4 yards....with no time outs! So frustrating. He shouldn't have been out there at all IMO. Him playing was detrimental to the team. No matter how bad our back up is, he couldn't have been worse than how Cam played. That's on the coach for not getting him out of there and making him sit. I'm afraid Rivera's job is in question with that debacle last night. Yes bad turnovers at bad times didn't help either, but our offense was just non-existent because our quarterback was not well.

Kudos to the defense though, wow they played great. If Cam was his normal self, we win that game last night easy.
Yeah, the defense played well, overall. And I agree. I think Rivera is on the hot seat.

The defense did their job last night for the Panthers. The offense was horrible and did not take advantage of the chances the defense gave them. Cam's shoulder looks shot. I am not sure why he is playing now, and I don't know why he kept playing in 2016 after he tore his rotator cup. Rivera should sit him, because Cam is not going to sit himself. I think Rivera is gone, and I would not be shocked to see a new QB next season, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back