• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here coach or have ever coached sports teams? I've been coaching my son and daughter's basketball teams for a few years. I am the head coach for my daughter's 3rd and 4th grade team this season, and assistant for my son's 5th and 6th grade team. The girls are so much better at actually doing what we try to tell them to do with passing the ball and running an offense. All the boys seem to completely forget what we went over on offense and defense in game situations. Every time the boys get the ball, whoever has it wants to dribble to the corner every single time, and everyone else either stands around or runs to the ball calling for it.

Anyone else here coach or have ever coached sports teams? I've been coaching my son and daughter's basketball teams for a few years. I am the head coach for my daughter's 3rd and 4th grade team this season, and assistant for my son's 5th and 6th grade team. The girls are so much better at actually doing what we try to tell them to do with passing the ball and running an offense. All the boys seem to completely forget what we went over on offense and defense in game situations. Every time the boys get the ball, whoever has it wants to dribble to the corner every single time, and everyone else either stands around or runs to the ball calling for it.

I coach u5 soccer which is like herding sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know the weather is boring when TWC is watching surfers in San Francisco. I’m sure meteorologists are dying like we are.

The wx is only boring because they can't look far enough ahead to a potential pattern change. Unfortunately for the TWC, they can't spend much time, if any, on Jan-Feb prospects.

I have coached numerous seasons of soccer/basketball. U10 girls are more coachable than boys at that age due to maturity, not even close. I can't recall a girl giving me any grief while I coached them but for boys it's to many to count. Once boys get into that U11/U12 (middle school) range they start to listen a little better. It will age you quickly coaching U10 boys, its tough as you want them to have fun but practices become counter productive as they are so silly.

I hate weather boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

Nothing more than cliff jumping until February, the great December 2018 torch of the 50s and 60s, and worst of all, no new threats of wintry weather.
I saw a map that said I had infinity percent of normal snowfall and checked out on the thread

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feels like I just got hit by a train and fever with a sore throat, I can tell that's probably the flu, got the same onset/feeling I got last January and the one back in 2009, oof the worst time of the year to get it

The last time I had the flu was Christmas week 4 years ago. There is no such thing as a good time to have flu, but to get it around Christmas is for the birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back