• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to usually post sentimental stuff on a forum with people I have never met face to face. However, being on AccuWeather and Talk weather forums since 2010 and coming here once this site was created I feel like this is a family as we talk just about every day...last night was extremely hard when I found out my coworker, a brother that bleeds blue, was murdered doing the job he loves. He was only working for DeKalb for a little over a year and when I saw him he always had a smile on his face. I ask if you can please pray for his family during this hard time this holiday season. He would of been 25 Monday...
View attachment 9168
I am so very sorry. Such a sad tragedy. Praying for his family and friends. Also praying for safety for all our police, firefighters and military. They all have a special place in my heart. They give so much and are not appreciated near enough!! God bless you all!!!

Just got to Gatlinburg. Y’all wouldn’t believe the snow fog coming up highway 25. Had to go 10mph couldn’t see the white lines on either side of the ditch. I’ve never seen anything like it

Finished my latest projects today.
Maybe you have already but check out Alex Steele on YouTube. He just moved from England to Montana and currently setting up his new shop. He has a lot of great forging videos from blacksmith to blade smith. He is only 19 or 20 but been doing it since he was a kid. Check him out.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Maybe you have already but check out Alex Steele on YouTube. He just moved from England to Montana and currently setting up his new shop. He has a lot of great forging videos from blacksmith to blade smith. He is only 19 or 20 but been doing it since he was a kid. Check him out.

I have, he is really good. Although to be fair, being able to afford ten thousand dollar power hammers and trips from England with take classes with a really good blacksmith in the US at 13 years old helps too. Haha.

I have, he is really good. Although to be fair, being able to afford ten thousand dollar power hammers and trips from England with take classes with a really good blacksmith in the US at 13 years old helps too. Haha.
True but I do like his enthusiasms and willing to get out of his comfort zone.

I wish I had the patience and the know how. Me and tools don't get a long.

What you were able to do with a lump of steel and some wood is very impressive and a feat that would take me a long time to learn but I do appreciate those that have the know how and the fortitude to do it. Nice work.

True but I do like his enthusiasms and willing to get out of his comfort zone.

I wish I had the patience and the know how. Me and tools don't get a long.

What you were able to do with a lump of steel and some wood is very impressive and a feat that would take me a long time to learn but I do appreciate those that have the know how and the fortitude to do it. Nice work.

It really isnt that hard. Blacksmithing has a mystic aura to it, but it is really just about 8 different techniques that are replicated. Sure, making an axe takes trial and error, but Im sure a novice could do it in some compacity in a day or two if they had someone to watch.

The key to blacksmithing is to understand you will hurt yourself and that you will fail miserably. Then you must go into the house aggrevated and figure out wht you failed and fix it the next time. Like I said, neither that knife or axe is anywhere near perfect, but the next ones will be closer.

I think it was more winter was basically over after about mid January...but that wasn't too surprising with the Nina. (given my memory I'd have to look to confirm this but I'm guessing around there)

Although conveniently we had the MJO go into colder phases in the spring. Spring had pretty cool temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back