• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to share a story of a snowstorm back in my childhood, I remember living in an apartment complex at the time with my mother and sister and I can't remember the exact year or how old I was but I know it was around 10 plus years ago. There was a pretty good snow/sleet storm and I went outside to play with the other kids in my neighborhood, when we had started a snowball fight. Though the snow felt and looked like bricks of ice, one of the kids broke one of these bricks over my head and it hurt like hell.

If CLT does get the supposed snow/sleet/frz combo then I feel sorry for any kids who get the business end of one of those snow bricks.

The only sucky part of having a big winter storm like this early in the season is that most likely every storm the rest of winter will pale in comparison !

I wish N AL could get in on this one. Haven't had a greater than 1" snow since 2015 here, going on nearly four years. I know it can happen, the month here with the greatest snow accumulation is December of 1963 at 21", which is more than double the greatest January total on record.

It's fun reading all the discussion, and also reading all the intervening 15 posts between each bit of deliberative info ... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back