• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took until August 4th but now I am ready for Winter. Plus this place is waaay more exciting. I enjoy the crazy.
I'm wondering what happened to the one that kept posting every freaking day "I still haven't hit 90 yet"? Maybe he'll pop up on here on September 1 and say "I made it through the entire summer without ever hitting 90"

I'm wondering what happened to the one that kept posting every freaking day "I still haven't hit 90 yet"? Maybe he'll pop up on here on September 1 and say "I made it through the entire summer without ever hitting 90"
That's Tony and he'll pop in when something strikes his fancy; BTW - he knows more weather in his left ankle than most any 10 of the rest us combined know, fully assembled; he just shares it with a bit of wit ...

That's Tony and he'll pop in when something strikes his fancy; BTW - he knows more weather in his left ankle than most any 10 of the rest us combined know, fully assembled; he just shares it with a bit of wit ...
The good news is, I haven't hit 100 yet this summer, but it got mighty close... On July 4 it got 99, and on the 5th it got 98, so we gave the century mark a scare.

It's hot as the gates of Hades around here, so been spending some time doing air conditioned legal research, and taking breaks looking for some fascinating weather thing to write about. Alas, the research is dull, and frankly, so is the weather. Having said as much, here's hoping all are having a great Sunday. ;)
Best!
Your Curmudgeon
PS - Bought a couple $2 scratch off lottery tickets and Nada ... seems to follow the weather ... LOL ... :confused:

I think my wife and I have pretty much decided we're moving to the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk area when we retire.

Right now, despite geographical and topographical differences, we all experience pretty much the same weather: hot, humid and rather sticky. That will change in 6 to 10 weeks, dramatically.

Who is in for a poll?

Topics being:

> First frost for designated areas (based on our Member Map and not to be exclusive, but to just get some general geographic parameters tossed out there):
· Metwannabe and surrounding folks
· Webb and surrounding folks
· SD, Mack and surrounding folks
· Forsythe Snow and surrounding folks
· Delta Dog and surrounding folks
· Charlie and surrounding folks
· Brent
· Larry
· and the Far Southern Outpost

> First freeze for the designated areas

> First frozen precip for the designated areas

> First accumulating frozen precip for the designated areas

> Greatest one-event accumulation through April for the designated areas

And then …

> Last freeze for the designated areas

> Last frozen precip for the designated areas

> Last accumulating frozen precip for the designated areas

and any other "poll" topics ...

Just an idea, and if its worth a hill of beans, maybe Shawn or someone with the “power” and know-how can actually create and set up a poll; one vote per member which is final by September 30th.

Just a thought …

Hey Charlie - A ride in the jet for the overall winner?

:eek:

Last edited:
I'm all in for the Braves making the playoffs this year... nice win tonight. We have so many great pitchers in the farm system, this team should be golden for a while, as long as the team chemistry works... it's working this year for sure. They have a ton of heart for a young, stressed team. Going to buy some tickets for one of the late Sept Phillies games.... will be my third trip to SunTrust this season.

Right now, despite geographical and topographical differences, we all experience pretty much the same weather: hot, humid and rather sticky. That will change in 6 to 10 weeks, dramatically.

Who is in for a poll?

Topics being:

> First frost for designated areas (based on our Member Map and not to be exclusive, but to just get some general geographic parameters tossed out there):
· Metwannabe and surrounding folks
· Webb and surrounding folks
· SD, Mack and surrounding folks
· Forsythe Snow and surrounding folks
· Delta Dog and surrounding folks
· Charlie and surrounding folks
· Brent
· Larry
· and the Far Southern Outpost

> First freeze for the designated areas

> First frozen precip for the designated areas

> First accumulating frozen precip for the designated areas

> Greatest one-event accumulation through April for the designated areas

And then …

> Last freeze for the designated areas

> Last frozen precip for the designated areas

> Last accumulating frozen precip for the designated areas

and any other "poll" topics ...

Just an idea, and if its worth a hill of beans, maybe Shawn or someone with the “power” and know-how can actually create and set up a poll; one vote per member which is final by September 30th.

Just a thought …

Hey Charlie - A ride in the jet for the overall winner?

:eek:
Something like this is certainly doable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm all in for the Braves making the playoffs this year... nice win tonight. We have so many great pitchers in the farm system, this team should be golden for a while, as long as the team chemistry works... it's working this year for sure. They have a ton of heart for a young, stressed team. Going to buy some tickets for one of the late Sept Phillies games.... will be my third trip to SunTrust this season.
Unfortunately I don't see the Braves getting past the Cubs in the NL and good luck to anyone in the NL beating the Astros, Red Sox, or Yankees in the World Series. But the Braves are doing much better than expected.

Yes, two of the games the Braves faced against the Cubs were games before the Cubs seemed to be starting to get it together, but even the team that is likely to lead the NL in winning this year at 94-96 wins isn't very scary this year. It's odd but for this team, the Dodgers are more scary than the Cubs and they're going to have to fight very hard to even go in the NL West.

So it's over 100 degrees in parts of Canada atm, wow.

Yeah that jet stream is wacky.

97881d75e7f229c2fee669b2c77f375a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back