• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

12/15/21 Midwest Severe

Will be in Waterloo today and tonight! I’ll keep y’all posted with bad screenshots and info as I come across it! I’m a little nervous today , honestly! BRad P posted a whole map of iowa w/ forecasted wind gust on FB, but the colors were too dark to get a good pic, but it was crazy!

One concern I did have about this event was moisture return, but dewpoints are already ~60°F into Iowa. That should only go up further aa the LLJ strengthens and the trough amplifies...

tran_925_sf.gif?1639583243557

shr1.gif?1639583297333

If y’all get bored, just found this group onFB last week, they seem pretty legit and have a lot of followers and people posting conditions around most of IA, so check them out for mostly amateur obs! E85325E1-ABBE-48AD-9391-CE0459F79A1E.png

Unless there's shallow low clouds I'm not seeing, there's pretty good insolation right now over SE Nebraska and SW Ioawa

The western 2/3rds of Iowa and much of far eastern Nebraska looks to have clear skies now.

Back