• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

12/15/21 Midwest Severe

The line of storms already coming in 75 to 85mph winds reported on SPC storm reports. I think the biggest story will be this becoming an extreme derecho event. Tornadoes yes, but the sheer widespread wind damage will likely be top story on this.
I agree. Along with the number of power outages… there could be millions of people without power with colder air coming in on the backside of this storm

I agree. Along with the number of power outages… there could be millions of people without power with colder air coming in on the backside of this storm
On the cold note, news in Waterloo saying low of 29 tonight! Kind of a big drop from high of 73

Sitting in Waterloo, screen door open, 67 degrees, line bowing out just to my West, good timesDFDA35B6-38D5-4980-A63C-5887FED9640B.png

Semis blown over on Interstate 80, farm buildings flattened, local met said the storms are moving at 70 mph

Dud here! Gusts to 25, looks like wind stopped as storm got here! 3 flashes of lightning , a clap of thunder, next! 54FD52C8-EFE9-41E0-BDEA-DD541A2B3834.png

Back