• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
same result for those of to the west as 00z . but I'll take that run .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Baby Steps, Colder and slower one yard at a time they say

Still not there, but closer. still have some time

Storm5 said:
same result for those of to the west as 00z . but I'll take that run .

It's a step better for those to the west. But Still doesn't get cranking until just east of AL and GA.

very little for north georgia. Nothing like the gfs

Nothing like being the 78 hour bullseye

Can us nervous Nellies get a map? Thanks!

Big hit again for much of NC with RDU not quite as much as prior run. Charlotte more on this run.

actually ends up ok for NE georgia

Snow map please and 1000-500mb maps from 12z Euro

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
very little for north georgia. Nothing like the gfs

Just a degree or two away from glory. Hopefully the colder trend continues with the EURO. Precip shield is a little more north than 0Z and puts ATL closer to the heaviest QPF. Great trends. I would say 1-3" in Atlanta with isolated spots of 4-5". Winter storm watch will be needed IMO.

It appears, step by step the Euro is trending south. I bet that we find a middle solution between models by tomorrow.

Euro shifts south, GFS north...NAM still scratching its head.

ecmwf_tsnow_raleigh_15.png
:)

RichardJacks said:
As we go through the next 24 hours, I think it will be important to watch the actual s/w as it slides down the west coast...the more rounded and tilted it looks, the better for Alabama, prob GA too.

Thank you.  It's hard to tell what's going on because most people don't tell where they are from.  You can't follow the play by plays.  Storm 5, ACCU35.  RollTide. Parker, a few others but it's tough.  So I thank you again.

EURO gives Atlanta just a little over 1/2 inch of QPF. If it's cold enough that would be about 4-5 inches of snow. QPF is now very similar to the GFS. Get the 850's and surface temps a little colder around Atlanta and you get the GFS solution basically.

Back