• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

whatalife said:
Deltadog03 said:
I will say I don't like seeing the gfs slooooowly warming each run. It won't take much to shut everyone out south of 20 and 85. I do think it will actually be colder than forecasted on the euro, but that high has to get out in front. Or this will be a glorified rain storm for the areas mentioned above.

I good pt Chris and that would suck!

i hope the cold air gets its act together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big eps improvement overnight

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like Bama is gonna need colder air and more moisture.

I am just going to assume it will be a cold rain here in CAE unless I see something different. I have seen this song and dance all too often. I see Northern I77 up to Charlotte and 26 from Greenwood to GVL and SPTG getting buried and CAE getting the shaft with a cold rain or a dusting. The inevitable shift to the N/NW is making its move.

I'm exhausted! I love the clouds this mornin.

I think goofus comes more into reality on the 12z today.

Storm5 said:

yep, the mean surface low track is further north than GFS

Looks at all the Euro data 

As6GhVIWkic3C.gif

for atlanta, it is the cold air that is hurting us and not the low track? right?

Storm5 said:

Photo's please
FLO said:
I am just going to assume it will be a cold rain here in CAE unless I see something different. I have seen this song and dance all too often. I see Northern I77 up to Charlotte and 26 from Greenwood to GVL and SPTG getting buried and CAE getting the shaft with a cold rain or a dusting. The inevitable shift to the N/NW is making its move.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

farleydawg79 said:
Storm5 said:

For who?
in general . but it was a much better run for your area

Spann says less than 1/2" for anyone in Alabama that does end up seeing snow....and he has that listed under "Things we know for sure".....wow!

From Spann:

IMPORTANT POINTS: Long time readers/viewers know I like to tell people what we know, and I don’t tell them what we don’t know. So… this is what we know this morning…

*Moisture over the northern half of the state will be pretty limited, so snow amounts, if any, will most likely be light, under 1/2 inch (if you see snow at all)."

I will say the 6z gfs looked better temp wise and maybe a but further south with the snow line. Today is the day I start leaning on the gfs and nam more than the euro. Only because we are starting to push out of the doc wheelhouse. Not saying ignore or stop looking at it, but usually we see the gfs and nam do better or just as good in the shorter range.

6Z snow GFS from WB - close up
e7e8987346ca51dd7c41bcea221390bf.jpg

12z eps
ca2c250f9d8985f6c71eb23c23f00b50.jpg

00z
fbf483b577c824d7eccb85fdae66d19e.jpg

DadOfJax said:
Spann says less than 1/2" for anyone in Alabama that does end up seeing snow....and he has that listed under "Things we know for sure".....wow!

. However models have backedoff much in the way of snow for yall. So I see why he made that general statement. I could see that happening as well. Models are starting to show a more late bloomer so that is possible.

EPS Members
11c9f17df87f39682ebe4d27e224820b.jpg

fc992df9b8240b0f539620b79dfbbda6.jpg

Back