• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Looks like it's trending more towards zr for north ga based on GSPs discussion?

DustinWX said:
not according to this latest forecast 

zr_acc.us_se.png

Yeah I know the GFs doesn't show it, but they were mentioning that one model was showing 850s being to warm up to the 85 coordidor

Euro has -2 here Monday morning. Dayum

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SnowrockinGA said:
DustinWX said:
not according to this latest forecast 

This is not a forecast.  It's the latest run of one model, the GFS.  It has started trending north over it's past 3 runs.  Also, many other models, including the more reliable European model, has the ice/snow lines further north.

I would caution to look away from the 0z GFS-P... :sick: :sick:

72 hrs out and no agreement yet on temps and precip amounts. Frustrating

David in SW Blount said:
Olaf said:
Mannn. Bama gonna get screwed again. Maybe not. We still have time.

I had 5" in a big storm in 2014 and 7" in February 2015.  I figure I'll never see snow again in my lifetime!   :D :mad:

The last snow here was snowmegeddon that i recall.

MiddleTNWx said:
I would caution to look away from the 0z GFS-P... :sick: :sick:

Already been posted a page back. Not pretty.

Well I'm curious to see what the models show today.

Has the S/W started interacting with the NS yet?

There have been some shifts in the models but still leave us w/many unanswered questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm getting emails for replies in this thread. I'm not subscribed to it. How do I stop the emails?

I will say I don't like seeing the gfs slooooowly warming each run. It won't take much to shut everyone out south of 20 and 85. I do think it will actually be colder than forecasted on the euro, but that high has to get out in front. Or this will be a glorified rain storm for the areas mentioned above.

whatalife said:
There have been some shifts in the models but still leave us w/many unanswered questions.

agree . I'm still fine with where we sit currently
packfan98 said:
Now I'm getting emails for replies in this thread. I'm not subscribed to it. How do I stop the emails?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Deltadog03 said:
I will say I don't like seeing the gfs slooooowly warming each run. It won't take much to shut everyone out south of 20 and 85. I do think it will actually be colder than forecasted on the euro, but that high has to get out in front. Or this will be a glorified rain storm for the areas mentioned above.

I was about to ask you; our energy needs to allow the cold air time to slip down here. FCC has a good map on their home page this AM basically illustrating that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was optimistic for a good event in the Atlanta area. But are chances are getting worse. I might call it a day for now unless it trends south.

Deltadog03 said:

I good pt Chris and that would suck!

Back