• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

packfan98 said:
I-85 corridor, the GFS is coming for you!
snku_acc.us_ma.png
That snow should be more south of what I saw on GFS OP

Trends look good right now for RDU area. Euro was a big run and GFS shifting NW. Blend the two and it is a big storm here.

Short term models looking terrible if you want snow in north Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of rn...looking like a Carolina, GA storm. I want yestersays runs back!!

SnowrockinGA said:
Deltadog03 said:
We shall see. But south of I-20 I think we are setting up for a cold ass rain. :(

Including the airport. I live in South Fulton County. I think it will trend colder!

Does it show it starting as rain in Cumming too?

[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]6z GEFS.  Bumped up mean totals.  A little further NW too.  Should be more agreement with the individual members to get a 6 inch mean around Goldsboro, NC.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]
snod.conus.png
[/font]

Well BMX went with a blend of "we have no clue" and "look out your window on Friday"....lol. Nightmare of a situation for alot of offices, but the trends for AL say its not going to amount to much. I hope those trends are wrong.

Can someone post hr72 GFS Op run, it showed snow towards my area, the graft obove didn't show that

accu35 said:
Can someone post hr72 GFS Op run, it showed snow towards my area, the graft obove didn't show that

The map I posted is the total accumulated snowfall from hours 0-96.  What fell at hr 72 is on the map.

Looks like at least 5 inches here with the Euro and GFS. Shift the Euro a little south and the GFS a little north and could be a lot more here.

packfan98 said:
accu35 said:

The map I posted is the total accumulated snowfall from hours 0-96.  What fell at hr 72 is on the map.

OK that might have been ice I was looking at

Today is the day where we need to see a stronger system and colder air. Hopefully the 12z will come in gold, there is still potential for us central Alabama folks to see little more than models shows

accu35 said:
packfan98 said:
accu35 said:

OK that might have been ice I was looking at

Here you go!
zr_acc.us_se.png

Olaf said:
Mannn. Bama gonna get screwed again. Maybe not. We still have time.

I had 5" in a big storm in 2014 and 7" in February 2015.  I figure I'll never see snow again in my lifetime!   :D :mad:

Anyone have individual members for the GEFS 6z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.5 inches for Atl acording to 06z GFS....interesting but taking it as grain and salt. one question...did 6zGFS trended colder.

Back